Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Deposit received, similar required"

Options
  • 04-07-2016 6:30pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking at rental properties on Daft and I come across this quite a lot. Sometimes the property is added at say 1,500, then a week or two later it says 1,600 with the above message in the description. Other times it is added with that message already in place.

What does it mean? If the property is gone why is it still up? Are they looking for someone to offer more? Or are they boasting about how much they got?

It's weird because similar houses from different agents will show price drops from 1,600 to 1,550 and below. Granted there may be issues with the property that aren't stated in the ad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I've been looking at rental properties on Daft and I come across this quite a lot. Sometimes the property is added at say 1,500, then a week or two later it says 1,600 with the above message in the description. Other times it is added with that message already in place.

What does it mean? If the property is gone why is it still up? Are they looking for someone to offer more? Or are they boasting about how much they got?

It's weird because similar houses from different agents will show price drops from 1,600 to 1,550 and below. Granted there may be issues with the property that aren't stated in the ad.

I haven't seen this myself. However I imagine it is similar to houses being sold with the sale agreed or sold sign and underneath similar required.

It's advertising by the agent. Milking it really by leaving the ad up when the property is gone to show prospective landlords looking at similar properties - look what I achieved for this letting in your area, use me to let your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 brendane

They pay to put an ad up on daft.ie. If it gets rented before the ad expires they will change the wording. They may have had a lot of interest in the property and letting possible landlords know they have interested parties ready to go

Advertisement