Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful Treatment

Options
  • 04-07-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭

Just off the phone after a 7th call with eir customer service/tech support. Put simply the Internet does not work properly. Drops off and stops working for about 5 minutes at a time very frequently after any reasonable amount of use.

This has been going on for months now. We've had 2 people out to the house (all of them taking 3 working days to come out after it being arranged), 4 calls with tech support who all told us they've made changes that should hopefully see the problem improve. Now after call 7 with tech support the guy says he sees the issue (why did the other 6 people who we spoke to/had out to the house) and is arranging another callout that will be out in 3 business days.

At this stage we just want to leave. We've had sub-standard produce for months now, have been raising it constantly, doing all the right things on our end, but nothing. You have completely failed on your end in providing the service, and refuse to let us leave, quoting the contract. Surely the contract also states that the products you offer should also work, but I guess the contract only is relevant when it suits you.

I'm posting here as the last gesture before we go ahead and deal with it via comreg. It is disrespectful that after months of phonecalls, you're still asking us to wait a few more days for you to try your next hairbrained scheme that will almost certainly inevitably fail like everything else you've made us wait for. Please just let us leave. Is it actually company policy to tie customers to contracts that you're not providing the other end of?

If you need the account details by PM let me know, but please be informed that we are no longer seeking for you to fix the issue for us, we've tried so many avenues that we've completely given up on the idea that you will ever be able to provide us adequate service. We just want to leave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

CSF wrote: »
    Just off the phone after a 7th call with eir customer service/tech support. Put simply the Internet does not work properly. Drops off and stops working for about 5 minutes at a time very frequently after any reasonable amount of use.

This has been going on for months now. We've had 2 people out to the house (all of them taking 3 working days to come out after it being arranged), 4 calls with tech support who all told us they've made changes that should hopefully see the problem improve. Now after call 7 with tech support the guy says he sees the issue (why did the other 6 people who we spoke to/had out to the house) and is arranging another callout that will be out in 3 business days.

At this stage we just want to leave. We've had sub-standard produce for months now, have been raising it constantly, doing all the right things on our end, but nothing. You have completely failed on your end in providing the service, and refuse to let us leave, quoting the contract. Surely the contract also states that the products you offer should also work, but I guess the contract only is relevant when it suits you.

I'm posting here as the last gesture before we go ahead and deal with it via comreg. It is disrespectful that after months of phonecalls, you're still asking us to wait a few more days for you to try your next hairbrained scheme that will almost certainly inevitably fail like everything else you've made us wait for. Please just let us leave. Is it actually company policy to tie customers to contracts that you're not providing the other end of?

If you need the account details by PM let me know, but please be informed that we are no longer seeking for you to fix the issue for us, we've tried so many avenues that we've completely given up on the idea that you will ever be able to provide us adequate service. We just want to leave.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]CSF,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues with your broadband service and I can understand the frustration it has caused you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details and I will take a look into this?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement