Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cheapest IBT instructor around Sligo?

• 04-07-2016 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm very low on money rn and want to get my motorbike licence. I'm 16 and don't know a thing about bikes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You can find your nearest approved IBT instructor here - http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/Initial-basic-training-IBT-for-motorcyclists/Find-an-IBT-Instructor/

At 16, you can go for the following

AM (Previously known as “M”)
    Mopeds and 3 wheeled vehicles with a maximum design speed of 45km/h as well as light quadricycles

A1 Motorcycles up to 125cc, with a power rating not more than 11kW with a power to weight ratio no greater than 0.1kW/kg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gillenation

Is it absolutely 100% required you do IBT? I plan on getting a CBF/CBR 125 once I get my licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You can't go on the road without doing your IBT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Is it absolutely 100% required you do IBT?

Theory test, eye test, learner permit, then do IBT.

Until that is all completed, you can't get on the road.

Wait six months from the date of issue of your learner permit, then before you can do full test.

Plenty of info on the RSA website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I did a lesson with Brendan Kelly before I did my test (no IBT then).

A few of my family did lessons with him too. Definitely recommend him.

I'm away from Sligo a few years now though so not sure he's still teaching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Paulw wrote: »
    Theory test, eye test, learner permit, then do IBT. Wait six months from the date of issue of your learner permit, then before you can do full test.

Until that is all completed, you can't get on the road.

Plenty of info on the RSA website.
    You'll confuse the lad wording things like that! You're allowed on the road with a learner permit and IBT.

Advertisement