Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Beers?

• 04-07-2016 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Evening all, just floating this to see if there is any interest, I don't recall there ever been an R&M forum beers.

Myself, I'm a 37 year old culchie living in Dublin, been into rock and metal for over 25 years anr I got married last year so my nights out are few and far between.

The major thing is that none of my usual drinking buddies are into metal at all and my lovely wife is not either (though she is coming to see Sabbath with me).

I'd love to meet up with some like minded people, have some gargles, chat shyt and listen to some quality music.

I've no date or venue in particular in mind though going from the pubs and clubs thread Bruxelles seems to be back to rock on a Saturday night.

So what say you fine people, any interest?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There was one many moons ago, maybe about 2010? Think 7 or 8 people showed up, was a bit of craic.

I'm massively busy this summer (PhD thesis) so can't really commit to going but I'll try if one is organised.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

There was one many moons ago, maybe about 2010? Think 7 or 8 people showed up, was a bit of craic.

This was a pretty active forum back then though. It only has a fraction of the participation of members as it did then. Would be surprised if you garnered much interest tbh but we'll see.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Passenger wrote: »
    This was a pretty active forum back then though. It only has a fraction of the participation of members as it did then. Would be surprised if you garnered much interest tbh but we'll see.

I agree, unfortunately :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Have to count me out i'm afraid as my wench is due to drop the stallion that will mount the world in 2-3wks

As for a venue, if it's a meet up surely we should ( i know i aint going) support a rock bar that is rock 24/7 and not somewhere like Bruxelles that only throws the rock fans a bone they can eat for 5hrs a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

scudzilla wrote: »
    Have to count me out i'm afraid as my wench is due to drop the stallion that will mount the world in 2-3wks

As for a venue, if it's a meet up surely we should ( i know i aint going) support a rock bar that is rock 24/7 and not somewhere like Bruxelles that only throws the rock fans a bone they can eat for 5hrs a week

My reason for floating Bruxelles is because seating is usually available and its not unwieldy size wise.

Doesn't seem to be any interest anyway so no matter!

Best of luck with the impending arrival BTW.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I might be up for heading to something like this, provided the dates suit anyway. If they do, then I'll try my hardest to pop along.

Advertisement