Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imagine broadband - Curragh

Options
  • 04-07-2016 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi. A bundle of Imagine LTE signs has gone up around the Maddenstown area. Does anyone know anything about it or have already got Imagine LTE around the Maddenstown area. All info would be great. Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The "70mbits" quoted speed is notional nonsense, and is about as reliable as the "36mbits" 3G or "72mbits" 4G broadband already offered. Expect 7, if even, and inconsistent at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm in Ballysax, got them to run a coverage check using my Eircode but it came back "out of coverage".
    Could be because I'm down in a hollow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

L1011 wrote: »
    The "70mbits" quoted speed is notional nonsense, and is about as reliable as the "36mbits" 3G or "72mbits" 4G broadband already offered. Expect 7, if even, and inconsistent at that.

They guarantee 30mb - and say up to 70-mb if you are in close proximity. Max 400 customers per mast.

If they only gave 7 when they have a stated guarantee ot 30mb, you'd have a massive amount of whining from customers, but there doesn't seem to be any.
    long_b wrote: »
    I'm in Ballysax, got them to run a coverage check using my Eircode but it came back "out of coverage".
    Could be because I'm down in a hollow though.
    I read in local paper that the Old Kilcullen mast goes live either today or next Friday. But possibly if you are in a hollow, it won't work.

VincePP wrote: »

I read in local paper that the Old Kilcullen mast goes live either today or next Friday. But possibly if you are in a hollow, it won't work.

Oh man if that's the case and we can get it I'll be a hero in my house! The 3 dongle is completely unusable now in the evenings.

EDIT: From reading the other big thread on imagine, they mark masts as "live for pre sale" a month before it actually goes properly live (i.e. before they can connect people to it)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

long_b wrote: »
    Oh man if that's the case and we can get it I'll be a hero in my house! The 3 dongle is completely unusable now in the evenings.

EDIT: From reading the other big thread on imagine, they mark masts as "live for pre sale" a month before it actually goes properly live (i.e. before they can connect people to it)

I'm in Calverstown with crappy Three wifi so even 7 would be a massive improvement. I rang them and signed up as the Old Kilcullen mast is only about 4 km from me. Saying that there is a bloody big hill in the way. Anyway gave them my Eircode and they said it was definitely available. They aim to be out during August to install. I'm not counting my chickens but am hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

I have had imagine BB for the last 9 months. Must say I find it great. No issues at all. Was previously using mobile bb which was s***. I live in Kilteel. Getting speeds of 30-40mb no problem. This has transformed my internet usage, streaming movies, chromecast all things that were a pipe dream before I got imagine bb. I think the limiting factor for people will be your location in relation to the local mast. But in fairness to Imagine they will not install if they cannot guarantee a decent signal. They will be straight with you upfront.

Yeah, just confirmed with Customer Support that the mast is "live for Presale" and won't be going in use until the end of August

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

I'm in Martinstown (as opposed to Maddenstown) near long_b. I put my Eircode into their site and they rang me back in a couple of hours and confirmed I'm in coverage. They should be out at the end of August he said. That gives me bit of time to prune a few tree branches, just to make 100% sure there's LoS. ;)

My brother is in Calverstown and he's signed up too.

I have a feeling there may be quite a bit of demand on this mast...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Thanks all. Signed up..... Fingers crossed but it has to be better than what I have. Next step to work out how to replace sky tv......

Advertisement