Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High usage warning text

Options
  • 04-07-2016 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

hi I had fibre broadband with u and  I moved to another provider within my cooling off period around 29 June but I just received 3 texts one saying "Due to high usage of your eircom account, all services will be suspended. A current payment of EUR178.34 is required to resume your services. Call us on 01 766 2506 or at 1800 601 701 for Business Customers."

Please can you advise what this is or is a scam text? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    hi I had fibre broadband with u and  I moved to another provider within my cooling off period around 29 June but I just received 3 texts one saying "Due to high usage of your eircom account, all services will be suspended. A current payment of EUR178.34 is required to resume your services. Call us on 01 766 2506 or at 1800 601 701 for Business Customers."

Please can you advise what this is or is a scam text? Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Luckylow10,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Did you contact us to request cancellation? It sounds like you may be still getting billed for the efibre service.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and I will check this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement