Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat/BBC bug -recording two copies of same programme

• 04-07-2016 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I have a Humax HDR1100S Freesat Box BBC1 HD NI (for reasons best known to themselves) appears on two LCN's 101 and 978

When I record a programme (series link) off BBC1 it records two copies of the programme one off 101 and the other off 978

I've tried removing and reinstating the series from the TV guide but it still happens i.e. as soon as I mark the series on 101 for recording it marks 978 for recording as well :confused:

As well as making two copies of each recording it means I cant record/watch a third programme at the same time.

Is this a known bug and is there any way to get round it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I don't know that box but I've had issues with my Manhattan Plaza recording a BBC One programme on a different channel when I've selected the default region of London so I deleted the regions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Stasi 2.0 wrote: »
    I have a Humax Freesat Box BBC1 HD NI (for reasons best known to themselves) appears on two LCN's 101 and 978

When I record a programme (series link) off BBC1 it records two copies of the programme one off 101 and the other off 978

I've tried removing and reinstating the series from the TV guide but it still happens i.e. as soon as I mark the series on 101 for recording it marks 978 for recording as well :confused:

As well as making two copies of each recording it means I cant record/watch a third programme at the same time.

Is this a known bug and is there any way to get round it ?

Try setting the recording on 978 or try the BBC1 HD England channel.

I haven't ever had this happen on Humax Foxsat box but I have region set to London specifically to avoid all the nordy channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

I have that problem with freetime 1000s. I have the region set to london so bbc one hd is on epg twice so when i set a show to record its set to record twice on both epg positions although i notice one recording only shows up in recording it won't let me record another show at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Stasi 2.0

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Try setting the recording on 978 or try the BBC1 HD England channel.

Tried recording off BBC1 Scotland and it seems to do the trick.

Is there any point raising the bug as an issue in order to get it resolved and if so should I contact the BBC, Freesat or Humax ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tried recording off BBC1 Scotland and it seems to do the trick.

Is there any point raising the bug as an issue in order to get it resolved and if so should I contact the BBC, Freesat or Humax ?
    Contact all 3 of them and between them you should get some half decent response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I don't know that box but I've had issues with my Manhattan Plaza recording a BBC One programme on a different channel when I've selected the default region of London so I deleted the regions!

There is a software update to fix this for the manhattan, check the firmware if not 1.5.3 get he newest here.

Scroll down to the bottom rite to download latest firmware

http://www.manhattan-tv.com/products/plaza-hdr-s-freesat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭HPMan

Stasi2.0, how do you find the Humax box you have otherwise? its a box im looking at but it seems to been out a few years and wondering if its been outpaced for speed and features by anything newer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Stasi 2.0

Pretty good in most respects with a few gripes

1) While it is generally regarded as pretty fast in operation the switch on/bootup process seems to take an age (much of it staring at a blank screen wondering if anything is going to happen)
    2) The remote control while well designed is not quite as good as $ky's in particular Having two volume controls (STB and TV) is more of a bug than a feature
    3) No facility to transfer recordings to USB
    4) Only possible to delete one or all episodes of a series
    5) Non-Freesat mode design/operation pretty horrible -practically unusable (and many FTA channels inexplicably not on Freesat EPG)
    6) Aforementioned bug when recording off BBC1/2 (Not exclusive to Humax)
    7) No rhyme or reason to placement of HD and SD channels in EPG (in fairness more of a Freesat platform issue and $ky is even worse in this regard)

It has some good network (WiFi) features BBC Iplayer/4/5 (oddly no ITV player) Netflix and Youtube

Overall about 98% happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

(and many FTA channels inexplicably not on Freesat EPG)

The reason being these channels choose not to pay the annual fee for inclusion on the Freesat epg.

Back in 2007 when the service launched the fees were £1,500 for registration, £30,000 for a TV channel, £10,000 for a radio channel. That was 9 years ago so I assume these fees have risen since.

Advertisement