Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iveagh Gardens Gigs

Options
  • 04-07-2016 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Heading to Wilco on Sunday but may be running late. Just wondering if anyone knows what time main acts come on in the Iveagh gardens gigs. Doors seem to open very early, so I'm wondeirng if there is a curfew? Would arriving at 9 miss a good chunk of the main act? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Heading to Wilco on Sunday but may be running late. Just wondering if anyone knows what time main acts come on in the Iveagh gardens gigs. Doors seem to open very early, so I'm wondeirng if there is a curfew? Would arriving at 9 miss a good chunk of the main act? Cheers.

The main act will likely start at 9 - 9.30 as it finishes 10.45 pm.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Gigs tend to start a little earlier in the Iveagh Gardens, I've been to five gigs there and four of them started between 8.45-9.00 and The Frames started at 8pm on the dot.

I'd say Wilco will be similarly on 8.45-9.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Check out Leagues twitter account. He's the booker for those gigs and usually tweets stage times.

https://twitter.com/foggynotions?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

7.00pm-8.00pm- Lucinda Williams
    8.30pm-10.30pm- Wilco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

sweetie wrote: »
    7.00pm-8.00pm- Lucinda Williams
    8.30pm-10.30pm- Wilco

Seems about right. Where'd you get the times from chief?

Wooderson wrote: »
    Seems about right. Where'd you get the times from chief?

a friend in the business

a friend in the business

Cheers. Great night ahead. First decent Dublin show since 2009?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Could say that. They played a decent show at Forbidden Fruit in 2012 but because of it being a festival their time on stage was massively cut back compared to the length of set they normally play. They did about 15 songs compared to about 25 plus usually so not the full Wilco experience.

I have to say both the Vicar St two night stands in 2007 and 2009 blew my mind.. Incredible band.

Strumms wrote: »
    Could say that. They played a decent show at Forbidden Fruit in 2012 but because of it being a festival their time on stage was massively cut back compared to the length of set they normally play. They did about 15 songs compared to about 25 plus usually so not the full Wilco experience.

I have to say both the Vicar St two night stands in 2007 and 2009 blew my mind.. Incredible band.

It is a strange one, bypassed us completely in '11 when they were in a great vein of form.

Crowd at the Forbidden Fruit show wasnt great. Of my dozen or so Wilco shows its my least favourite. As a festival show it was nothing compared to the brilliant Electric Picnic show in '08.

Missed the 2009 gigs as I was away, but the '07 shows were fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Strumms wrote: »

amen. but i still say the olympia gig on the summerteeth tour was the best i seen them

amen. but i still say the olympia gig on the summerteeth tour was the best i seen them

Would've loved to see that!

My first time will always be my favourite, Being There tour in Whelan's.
    Got to meet them afterwards, they asked me for weed. Saw them in the ambassador a few years later too, can't remember when though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

My first time will always be my favourite, Being There tour in Whelan's.
    Got to meet them afterwards, they asked me for weed. Saw them in the ambassador a few years later too, can't remember when though.

That Whelan's show was absolutely epic.

Unfortunately only got into Wilco around A Ghost is Born really so missed those early gigs. That Whelans gig is quite famous. Or is it infamous?

Either way anyone who was there remembers it.

re whelans - the band were drunker than the audience. i remember they did a few covers for an encore. the ambassador show would be my second favourite. they played for 2+ hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Can't wait for Bell X1 tonight. I'm loving the two new songs they've released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Pity about the clash between Wilco and Euro final. Might try and get the first half across in a kip pub on Harcourt st(is there any other type of pub on Harcourt st)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Pity about the clash between Wilco and Euro final. Might try and get the first half across in a kip pub on Harcourt st(is there any other type of pub on Harcourt st)

There are some good ones on Camden street.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    There are some good ones on Camden street.
    Yeah probably worth the extra 2 min walk from Iveagh all right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Or Alfie Byrne's on Earlsfort Terrace.

Or Alfie Byrne's on Earlsfort Terrace.
    Can you get in to Iveagh from that side as usual (via NCH carpark), or do you have to go around to Harcourt for entry into the gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭cython

Can you get in to Iveagh from that side as usual (via NCH carpark), or do you have to go around to Harcourt for entry into the gigs?

Harcourt Street entrance only for any of the ones I've been to there, as the stage backs on to the NCH.

Cracking gig from Wilco last night.

Best I have seen them, happened to move up front just before the acoustic section and it was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Some show alright by Wilco... only they could make a stripped down acoustic encore work in that kind of setting... loved every minute of that show.. crystal clear sound, brilliant setlist.. wish I was seeing them again tonight...

wow, that was feckin great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Great show by both set of Artists ...glad I checked twitter to find out about the early start for Lucinda Williams ..who was a lot better than I expected ( Some Band she has ).

I have seen Wilco a few times and Jeff Solo ..this gig is up there among the best of them.

another mighty gig. they never fail to deliver

• Advertisement

BTW if the guy who got a free ticket from us is on here, hope you enjoyed the gig!
    Seemed to be far from packed, though it was my first time there, lovely venue compared to
    the madness of marlay the night before.

Advertisement