Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iveagh Gardens Gigs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

sweetie wrote: »
    BTW if the guy who got a free ticket from us is on here, hope you enjoyed the gig!
    Seemed to be far from packed, though it was my first time there, lovely venue compared to
    the madness of marlay the night before.

It is a fantastic venue isn't it. An outdoor gig with lovely surroundings yet has an intimate feel about it. I'd say the reason for it not selling out was due to not only the number of gigs this weekend but also with Longitude next week also. going back to see Richard Hawley in the Iveagh Gardens there next which should be a good one. Another artist who always delivers live and who will suit that venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Strumms wrote: »
    It is a fantastic venue isn't it. An outdoor gig with lovely surroundings yet has an intimate feel about it. I'd say the reason for it not selling out was due to not only the number of gigs this weekend but also with Longitude next week also. going back to see Richard Hawley in the Iveagh Gardens there next which should be a good one. Another artist who always delivers live and who will suit that venue.

Indeed it is - 5 euro for nice pints, no queues, decent toilets, good food options, city centre, perfect! Enjoy Hawley, a fine artist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

For anyone that has been at any of the gigs so far, What's the bar situation like in the iveagh gardens, what drinks are on sale?
    Also, is there a pit/wristband situation or is it first come first served?
    Just checking for Richard Hawley this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

ooter wrote: »
    For anyone that has been at any of the gigs so far, What's the bar situation like in the iveagh gardens, what drinks are on sale?
    Also, is there a pit/wristband situation or is it first come first served?
    Just checking for Richard Hawley this Friday.

Bar at the back very quick - options Carlsberg, Guinness, Hop House 13 and others

No Pit just walk up the side and into the front ..as most people tend to hang back .

Move around a find the best Sound & Vision Combo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

DominoDub wrote: »
    Bar at the back very quick - options Carlsberg, Guinness, Hop House 13 and others

No Pit just walk up the side and into the front ..as most people tend to hang back .

Move around a find the best Sound & Vision Combo

Thanks DD, good to see they have Guinness.
    Struggled through 3 pints of orchard thieves out in Marlay park on Saturday. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

OP here. Thanks for all the info, arrived around 8.30. Just in time to grab a quick pint and then Wilco came on. Another great show from them, fantastic mix of old and new songs. The acoustic encore was a real treat. They never disappoint live. First time in the Iveagh gardens for a gig. Great venue as well, very civilised and so easy getting in and out. Thanks again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Thought the only Wilco Irish gig I missed was the Whelans show. What's this I hear about an ambassador show?

Of all the Wilco show's i've seen this was probably the weakest but it was still a cracking set. Loved seeing the acoustic set at the end. But part of me was like... I wish Shot was full on electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

lordgoat wrote: »
    Thought the only Wilco Irish gig I missed was the Whelans show. What's this I hear about an ambassador show?

Of all the Wilco show's i've seen this was probably the weakest but it was still a cracking set. Loved seeing the acoustic set at the end. But part of me was like... I wish Shot was full on electric.

the ambassador gig was on the yhf tour. best gig i was ever at in the ambo

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jucko

great gig, thought lucinda williams band were just great, her guitarist was right on top of his game, as for wilco, i seen them in atlanta YEARS ago, and am both blown away and equally saddened that i let them off my radarin the meantime. they were brilliant, just really great. great venue. great crowd,great night. take a bow everyone.
    can we get a bit of sun now please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

My first time seeing Lucinda Williams live after listening to her for years. Fantastic. Her 'rant' song, Foolishness, was great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement