Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked out of Windows based Asus transformer t100

Options
  • 05-07-2016 6:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi
    11 year old daughter got an Asus transformer t100 windows for her birthday on Monday and now we cannot open it coz she put a Microsoft password on it and hasn't a clue what it is gggrr .... I'm sooo annoyed . I tried the reset info on Microsoft but her name and dob isn't enough. .. she never sent an email so no further info. Any ideas girls before I kill her and throw her very expensive gift in the bin ??
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Hi
    11 year old daughter got an Asus transformer t100 windows for her birthday on Monday and now we cannot open it coz she put a Microsoft password on it and hasn't a clue what it is gggrr .... I'm sooo annoyed . I tried the reset info on Microsoft but her name and dob isn't enough. .. she never sent an email so no further info. Any ideas girls before I kill her and throw her very expensive gift in the bin ??
    Cheers

First of all I'd start with giving the kid a break. People forget passwords all the time, no need to be threatening to put it in the bin.

Generally password protecting your account is a good idea, remembering said password is also advisable though!

Some actual concrete detail would be helpful. What version of Windows are we talking about? Is there a disk drive?
    I tried the reset info on Microsoft but her name and dob isn't enough.
    What do you mean? You tried to reset via the Microsoft website? This one?
    https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

If there is nothing of value on the computer yet you can just reset it completely.
    Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.
    Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Handypandy1

Ah I know I was just very frustrated because she had it less than an hour and now can't use it ....
    It is a windows 8 transformer tablet ..basically a tablet with an attachable keyboard. .. There isn't a disk drive..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Ah I know I was just very frustrated because she had it less than an hour and now can't use it .... It is a windows 8 transformer tablet ..basically a tablet with an attachable keyboard. .. There isn't a disk drive..

Try the steps in quotes above to reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Handypandy1

Thanks for your help

Advertisement