Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interesting idea for effective training on group rides

Options
  • 05-07-2016 8:58am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭

given i've 2.5 hours of driving every day, i get through most of the triathlon podcasts. fitter radio had a section on this yesterday:

http://terraindynamics.com.au/airhub

NonElectro-Close-Up_large.jpg?v=1459414566

basically a programmable hub that allows you to program resistance into your hub. so you want to go group riding but want to work a bit harder? no problem. want to go for an easy ride with your wife and make it effective? done. want to simulate hills when there are none around? no problem

they spoke on the podcast that the next step was being able to program a session into it, so you can do 5*5 @ 300w for example.

for those who hate the turbo, it's an interesting concept

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Cool idea but hell of a price tag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I think I would need an additional 100w to keep up with group spins these days... not that anything exists to provide that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think I would need an additional 100w to keep up with group spins these days... not that anything exists to provide that ;)

Just sit on a wheel and you are a third of the way there:)

Advertisement