Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free eir sport channels for current Setanta pack customer

Options
  • 05-07-2016 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭

Well, was just wondering what the story is with getting the eir sport and BT channels for free? I'm already subscribed to the Setanta pack and I'm an eir broadband customer, so I'd like to know how to go about switching from my paying subscription to the free one you've advertised, would I need to cancel my current sub or could you switch it over?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

There not really free as they're increasing the price(Just got a letter in the door) I'm just about to give them a ring there because i've no interest in "Free" sport channels but do have a problem with the price increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well, was just wondering what the story is with getting the eir sport and BT channels for free? I'm already subscribed to the Setanta pack and I'm an eir broadband customer, so I'd like to know how to go about switching from my paying subscription to the free one you've advertised, would I need to cancel my current sub or could you switch it over?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]martyos121[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. :)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can read more on this here https://www.eir.ie/sport/eir-customers/ you should not be charged for this service going forward and it will switch over automatically. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Sciprio wrote: »
    There not really free as they're increasing the price(Just got a letter in the door) I'm just about to give them a ring there because i've no interest in "Free" sport channels but do have a problem with the price increase.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sciprio,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I would recommend discussing this in further detail with our loyalty team on 1800307183.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I would recommend discussing this in further detail with our loyalty team on 1800307183.[/font]

I already rang earlier today. Just waiting til next bill date to see that it is finally sorted. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

I already rang earlier today. Just waiting til next bill date to see that it is finally sorted. Thanks.
    No problem at all Sciprio.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hi, just making an enquiry on behalf of my Dad (OAP) who is a customer. He has the basic broadband package, just the phone and wifi access to PC.etc.....

Now he does'nt have a subscription to Sky as he just has Saorview. Can he avail of the free sport channels?

Thanks for reading

Kind regards,

Mike

Hi, just making an enquiry on behalf of my Dad (OAP) who is a customer. He has the basic broadband package, just the phone and wifi access to PC.etc.....

Now he does'nt have a subscription to Sky as he just has Saorview. Can he avail of the free sport channels?

Thanks for reading

Kind regards,

Mike
    Hi Mike Guide 69,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)
    He can indeed however he will only be able to access eir Sport online.  He can watch the service here http://live.eirsport.ie/

-Pamela 

Thanks for reading

Kind regards,

Mike
    Hi Mike Guide 69,

He can indeed however he will only be able to access eir Sport online.  He can watch the service here http://live.eirsport.ie/

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for getting back, just another question, apologies if it might be a bit "computer technical" , but my Dads old Dell computer is Windows XP, would he need to upgrade his browser to watch the Sports package online??

Thanks,

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]martyos121[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can read more on this here https://www.eir.ie/sport/eir-customers/ you should not be charged for this service going forward and it will switch over automatically. [/font]

Hi

I also have the same question however I couldn't find anything definitive anywhere in that link. I couldn't find a place where it would explain if you already had Sky, Eir Broadband AND the Setanta channels already. I have the Setanta package on month to month, not the annual subscription.

Do I have to do anything to keep the channels? or will it switch over automatically like you said?

Thanks.

Corholio wrote: »

Hi

I also have the same question however I couldn't find anything definitive anywhere in that link. I couldn't find a place where it would explain if you already had Sky, Eir Broadband AND the Setanta channels already. I have the Setanta package on month to month, not the annual subscription.

Do I have to do anything to keep the channels? or will it switch over automatically like you said?

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Corholio,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would need to register your Sky card details here https://www.eirsport.ie/subscribe and contact Sky to cancel payment of this package.[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would need to register your Sky card details here https://www.eirsport.ie/subscribe and contact Sky to cancel payment of this package.[/font]

Hi

Why would I need to contact Sky? They don't have anything to do with the Setanta Channels.

Also If I register my card for the Free Eir channels, are eir tying me into a new contract?

Thanks for reading

Kind regards,

Mike
    Hi Mike Guide 69,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for getting back, just another question, apologies if it might be a bit "computer technical" , but my Dads old Dell computer is Windows XP, would he need to upgrade his browser to watch the Sports package online??

Thanks,

Mike
    Hi,

Could anyone come back with regrads to my query, regarding the browser information?

Thanks,

Regards,

Mike

To follow up on my query, I spoke to eir live chat and they didnt say anything about having to ring sky to cancel anything. They just said to add my sky viewing card number on the eir website and it would be activated then.

Can someone please confirm this?

Hi

Thanks.

Hi

Why would I need to contact Sky? They don't have anything to do with the Setanta Channels.

Also If I register my card for the Free Eir channels, are eir tying me into a new contract?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Corholio,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would need to contact the eir Sport team on [/font] [font=Verdana, sans-serif]0818203040 to arrange cancellation.[/font]

Thanks for reading

Kind regards,

Mike
    Hi Mike Guide 69,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks,

Mike
    Hi,

Could anyone come back with regrads to my query, regarding the browser information?

Thanks,

Regards,

Mike
    Apologies for the delay Mike Guide 69,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Here are the specifications required to stream eir Sport.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir Sport can be watched on your TV through your eir Vision set top box, streamed live via your browser or on the eir Sport app for Android users. iOS app coming soon. eir Sport can be streamed on the following devices:[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Android 4.4 smartphones & tablets[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Windows and Mac computers[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once the iOS app is available for download, iOS version 8 & above will be required[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please note that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers do not support the streaming of eir Sport online.[/font]

Thanks for reading

Kind regards,

Mike
    Hi Mike Guide 69,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks,

Mike
    Hi,

Thanks,

Regards,

Mike
    Hi,

Could anyone confirm to my above query please, as to whether the browser needs to be updated please?

Thanks,

Regards,

Mike

Thanks for reading

Kind regards,

Mike
    Hi Mike Guide 69,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks,

Mike
    Hi,

Thanks,

Regards,

Mike
    Hi,

Could anyone confirm to my above query please, as to whether the browser needs to be updated please?

Thanks,

Regards,

Mike
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid Window's XP is not compatible with eir Sport [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Mike Guide 69[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

It seems my bill has gone up to € 132.37. It went from €110 and was going up to €119 until i rang your customer care team who said it would be reduced to €110 a month because i have no interest in "FREE" sports channels and rarely use my phone so the bill was to be settled at €110 a month and now i get a bill for € 132.37? Eircom is taking the piss now(Recent branding doesn't change that) I will not be paying that bill. eir is a joke of a company!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

It seems my bill has gone up to  € 132.37. It went from €110 and was going up to €119 until i rang your customer care team who said it would be reduced to €110 a month because i have no interest in "FREE" sports channels and rarely use my phone so the bill was to be settled at €110 a month and now i get a bill for € 132.37? Eircom is taking the piss now(Recent branding doesn't change that) I will not be paying that bill. eir is a joke of a company!!
    Hi Sciprio,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear your bill has gone up. 

I would recommend you contact our billing team directly and the guys will be able to give you a breakdown off this bill and see where these charges came from. 

You can contact them directly on 1901 (option 1)

-Ciara

Advertisement