Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memorial Stone

• 05-07-2016 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, hope someone can point me in the right direction here.Our beloved dog passed away at the weekend aged 14 and we'd like to get a memorial stone engraved just with his name and dates on it but I dont know where to go.I work in Dublin city centre so anywhere thereabouts would be handy.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

to be honest i wouldn't say you'll find anything city centre googling is your best option...

http://www.skatwinengraving.com/index.php?product_id=84&page=shop.product_details&category_id=4&flypage=flypage.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=206

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/Pet-Memorials-/116391/i.html

sorry to hear about your dog passing away OP XX
    Dread the day this happens to my guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Stigura

Ankaragucu; Ye need to sort out transport from Co. Leitrim ;)

This is a completely spontaneous and one off offer. I'll give you, Ankaragucu, a grave stone for ye Dog.

<snip>

Fact is; I needed a fair few of the yokes. So, having checked the world over for someone else's stuff? I did what a man has to do. Started making them myself.

I have four to make. Four out there, waiting to go in ..... Sod it. I can spare one and make Five more.

Here's what they look like. I think they're about 18" tall? I can make them taller. But, they're proportionate as they are. About eight inches across.

Gravestone_zpsrk0wklyc.jpg

The rebar's sticking out the bottom make them a cinch to 'plant'. And, once in? They stay in.

They're Not engraved. (What do ye think I am?!) But, I had some plaques made up for mine. Like this:

P5110034TN_zps696f8hsv.jpg

Place in england did those for me. I can put ye onto them.

Let me just put it this way; I'm a man who cares enough, about his Dogs, to have gone to these lengths for them. Lot of thought, planning, effort and yo's went into this. Because my pack get nothing but the best.

PM me, if interested.

(Mods; I hope this isn't infracting any petty rules? If so, do as ye see fit.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Hi, hope someone can point me in the right direction here.Our beloved dog passed away at the weekend aged 14 and we'd like to get a memorial stone engraved just with his name and dates on it but I dont know where to go.I work in Dublin city centre so anywhere thereabouts would be handy.
    Thanks for any help.

My friend who lost her dog and her cat some years apart had them cremated and she got a type of casket done for both of them and it's like an ornament on a shelf you send off a picture of the animal with the ashes and I have to say its actually really nice.
    I will PM you a picture if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Angel2016 wrote: »
    My friend who lost her dog and her cat some years apart had them cremated and she got a type of casket done for both of them and it's like an ornament on a shelf you send off a picture of the animal with the ashes and I have to say its actually really nice.
    I will PM you a picture if I can.

I thought I would like a picture on the casket but now I'm happy with it just plain and simple. It's got his name on the top and nothing else.

Advertisement