Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HUAWEI P9, Opinions

Options
  • 05-07-2016 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any feedback or time with the P9

I'm with 3 and due an upgrade, while I'd like an S7, times will be a bit tough for the next month or two and it's a bit outside my price, currently I'm using my old backup (Htc one) which gets me by but I can't go another week with it.

I've had a friend suggest the P9 but have zero experience with Huawei handsets.

What ever phone I get will have a fair bit of usage, my old (now smashed :( ) S5 was a great workhorse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

I have only read about it, camera very good on it and there are 3 antennaes so reception should be very good, one off put though is huawei s UI, it does not appeal to me at all, gets bad reviews, think you can get other UI's but I am not in the know about these things. Have you taken a look at on in a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have mine a few days great handset with a cracking camera setup if your interested in photos.
    So far the only part I don't like is the UI seems to be trying to be a little ios can't seem to get nova launcher to work on it properly ,
    Other than that it's a very nice phone wasn't sure what to expect build wise ,but suprised it feels premium quality nice to hold ,great screen and sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I went and bought one, fantastic camera on it, nice quick phone and rather light, I changed to the google now launcher (you have to go into the default app settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I posted about it in the Android Device P9 thread but in summary...

I went from HTC M8 to the P9 about 2 weeks ago. I've been impressed. The finish and build quality are premium. The screen is a beaut and I love the slightly curved edge on the glass covering it. It's very nice to handle. The camera was a big reason for going for the P9 and so far it is proving to be a great camera. Maybe not as good as the top line Samsung/Apple/HTC cameras but still great and overall the phone is significantly cheaper. Battery life is good too. Easily get a full day with moderate use out of it and a little bit of juice to space. I forgot to charge one night and it lasted until lunch the next day. I'm not a huge fan of the keyboard though. I thought I'd get used to it but it's still regularly auto correcting to the wrong word. I'll just install another keyboard though and that should sort that out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Anyone recommend where to purchase the huawei p9 unlocked ? I see aliexpress has them but a local or euro supplier ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭kala85

Anyway of getting a different user interface on this phone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

kala85 wrote: »
    Anyway of getting a different user interface on this phone

Download Nova or Google launcher and use them instead,
    Use Nova myself much preferred over the stock UI

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

Just got it myself a few days ago. Using it alongside the HTC M8 and much preferring the P9.

Currently still using the ENUI interface but will probably switch to the Google Now launcher and the lack of app drawer is annoying.

Excellent phone though. Can't get over how good the screen and camera are.

Advertisement