Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way of getting these channels unscrambled on a Sat tuner built into a LG tv?

There's a CI module for unscambling encripted channels, but that doesn't seem to be used by many providers around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Calvatron

What card would allow me to get the FTA channels in HD (BBC1HD, C4HD etc) and avail of this eir sport offer? Could I use a UK sky viewing card for instance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Calvatron wrote: »
    What card would allow me to get the FTA channels in HD (BBC1HD, C4HD etc) and avail of this eir sport offer? Could I use a UK sky viewing card for instance?

No. AFAIK it must be an Irish card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

No wont work
    Akrasia wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way of getting these channels unscrambled on a Sat tuner built into a LG tv?

There's a CI module for unscambling encripted channels, but that doesn't seem to be used by many providers around these parts.

Mickalus wrote: »
    Yep, I have it up and running.
    No longer pay Sky, but still have the box. Getting all the Eir/BT sports now

So you use your old irish viewing card to register on eir? Do you need to leave the card in the box? If so can you still access the FTA channels with the card in? Are the channels still in HD?

Whatever card u use will have to be paired by eir/setanta in your skybox to get the channels here. Irish sub.
    And will prob loose it's uk benefit

No. AFAIK it must be an Irish card.

Okay. If I quote them an Irish viewing card from a sky hd box do I need to keep the card in the box to access eir sports? Can I still access the FTA channels with the card in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Okay. If I quote them an Irish viewing card from a sky hd box do I need to keep the card in the box to access eir sports? Can I still access the FTA channels with the card in?

According to what GY A1 said to me was that Eir issue viewing cards to people who want to access to the service via a sky box, the phone number is futher back. I hope to ring and find out tomorrow if they will send me a card. I am not very hopeful, we'll see.

Okay. If I quote them an Irish viewing card from a sky hd box do I need to keep the card in the box to access eir sports?

Yes

Can I still access the FTA channels with the card in?

What u mean fta.
    Do u mean freesat channels Ie bbc itv etc.
    If so then yes bbc will still work.

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    What u mean fta.
    Do u mean freesat channels Ie bbc itv etc.
    If so then yes bbc will still work.

Yes. BBC, ITV, C4. Those channels. They can be accessed with the Irish card inserted? Will they still be in HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yes. BBC, ITV, C4. Those channels. They can be accessed with the Irish card inserted? Will they still be in HD?

Bbc 1 & 2 are HD. You'll have to add the rest in add channels. Frequencies here
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055520627/1/#post99545123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If you mean will BBC, ITV etc still show on the EPG on 101-105 etc then no.

You can add them manually though through "other channels" as above.

No you don't have to be a sky subscriber to get eir/setanta.
    Setanta have sent out cards to people.

I was talking to an Eir agent via live chat and they said I would need to contact Sky to be issued a card. I even quoted the number for them (setanta/eir).

Can anyone verify that this works please, would appreciate the help.

I have a sky box, its set for FTA channels. No viewing card.

If I ring them on 0818 20 30 40 will they send me out a viewing card given the above situation and that I am not a sky customer.

Why not ring that setanta number and tell them what u need
    It's useless without the card.
    ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I was talking to an Eir agent via live chat and they said I would need to contact Sky to be issued a card. I even quoted the number for them (setanta/eir).

If I ring them on 0818 20 30 40 will they send me out a viewing card given the above situation and that I am not a sky customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Why don't you just call the number?

• Advertisement

Why not ring that setanta number and tell them what u need
    It's useless without the card.

Have you gone this route? It just sounds odd that Eir/setanta have sky's viewing card to issue out thats all. I am with 48, and for some reason it won't put the call through since isn't included in their membership monthly bundles, hence why I went the Live Chat route..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone else had difficulty logging into the eir sport or watch online part?

It's activated on sky but when I try log in on my tablet or online (internet explorer) it tells me either my e-mail or password is wrong (it's not, and I've checked case sensitive and even reset my password), it lets me log into my eir fine but when I try to log in to watch online or through app it says its wrong, spoke to a agent on chat and he hadn't a clue, just doing his best do get rid of me and it the end sent me a link to re-register which was no help whatsoever as I'm already registered. anyone else have this or have an suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

The online agents are beyond useless.

I currently have sky broadband and tv with the variety pack and pay 25 for setanta. so €105 all in for the month.

If i cancel everything with sky, sign up to eir for just the broadband will i still be able to use my sky box for the free channels as well as the sports package?

rogieop wrote: »
    The online agents are beyond useless.

I currently have sky broadband and tv with the variety pack and pay 25 for setanta. so €105 all in for the month.

If i cancel everything with sky, sign up to eir for just the broadband will i still be able to use my sky box for the free channels as well as the sports package?

Yes.. however you will lose the ability to pause/record without a Sky sub and anything you have saved in your planner won't work anymore either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yes.. however you will lose the ability to pause/record without a Sky sub and anything you have saved in your planner won't work anymore either

Yeah i thought as much. Ive looked through the variety package and literally the only channel i watch on it is Sky Atlantic.

Seems like a no brainer to me.. cuting from €105 to €45.

And probably increasing my broadband speeds at the same time...

• Advertisement

Why don't you just call the number?

My network (48) wont allow it. lol

Has this route worked for you? Asking Eir to send you a sky viewing card??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

My network (48) wont allow it. lol

Has this route worked for you? Asking Eir to send you a sky viewing card??

There was a non-0818 number for Setanta/eir quoted earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Has it been established that there isn't a new 12mth contract by adding Eir sport to the sky box?

Has it been established that there isn't a new 12mth contract by adding Eir sport to the sky box?

Several people posted extracts of conversations with Eir chat agents a few pages back which suggest there isn't

My contract start date on My Eir continues to show as April 2015 anyway

Can anyone confirm since the Eir Sports takeover that they are and have issued sky viewing cards to those eligible for Eir Sport? Those of us who have sky boxes that are set to free to air and don't have the viewing card but require one to unlock the Eir Sports pack...

call them tomoro and explain your situation,
    dont ask wont get,
    you'd have them rang the amount times asked here now :D
    Have you gone this route? It just sounds odd that Eir/setanta have sky's viewing card to issue out thats all. I am with 48, and for some reason it won't put the call through since isn't included in their membership monthly bundles, hence why I went the Live Chat route..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have freesat an Ariva box even if I wanted the channels how do you get them?

call them tomoro and explain your situation,
    dont ask wont get,
    you'd have them rang the amount times asked here now :D

I just never heard of them doing this before. Also their Live chat agent didn't entertain me when asked. So if I ask them do you issue viewing cards to those of us who want to watch BT etc through our sky box. That a fine way to ask them? Have you experience of doing this? Could not find anything like it online tbh.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I just never heard of them doing this before. Also their Live chat agent didn't entertain me when asked. So if I ask them do you issue viewing cards to those of us who want to watch BT etc through our sky box. That a fine way to ask them? Have you experience of doing this? Could not find anything like it online tbh.

Setanta issued Sky cards to non-Sky customers who subscribed to their service via satellite so best contacting Eir Sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

casio4 wrote: »
    I have freesat an Ariva box even if I wanted the channels how do you get them?

You have to have a Sky HD box. Will not work in FTA boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Markeymarks

Here's one for ya. I have eir broadband and sky tv package.. Logged into my eir account, entered my sky card number, signed up no problem,, as my father also has sky TV and no eir broadband I signed him up for it also, using his sky card number and my eir account number thinking it wouldn't work, but alas, we both have eir sports package. Is this an oversight or will one of us be getting a charge at the end of the month?? Any ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Don't think you'll be charged anything extra for the second card.

You're lucky you were able to register them I've been trying for the past two days and get nothing but error messages....can't say I'm surprised given Error eir are involved! Awful technical support as always. Seems to be a case of we'll ignore it and the problem will go away running through that entire company. Quite ironic that a communications company have some of the worst channels for communicating with them in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

My Son has Sky Go on his Xbox and therefore can access My Sky Sports through the Xbox. Will he also see these new channels through Sky Go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

As BT Sports were never available via Sky Go (as far as I'm aware) then I can't see him being able to access them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Would there be any way to get Eir Sports on an Amazon Fire Tv box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Signed up for this in the home house there a few minutes ago. Just entered the sky card number and the channels are active already, full HD and they havnt got the Sky HD sub which is a nice touch.

No problems, they have eircom regular dsl broadband and not efibre by the way also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I was just onto Eir chat and apparently you can only have 2 sky boxes on the one account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Del007 wrote: »
    I was just onto Eir chat and apparently you can only have 2 sky boxes on the one account

Is the second box free?

shmeee wrote: »
    Is the second box free?

Yes second box is free, I asked them. But if you have already registered then you'll have to call them to add a second box. It's not allowing me to do it online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

william wrote: »
    Would there be any way to get Eir Sports on an Amazon Fire Tv box?

You probably can sideload the app. You will also probable need to connect a mouse type remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

How much is this package with eir boardband etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Yes second box is free, I asked them. But if you have already registered then you'll have to call them to add a second box. It's not allowing me to do it online

Just do each box separately online.

Initially I included 2 boxes on the online submission but only the first was activated, I left it overnight assuming might be a delay, no joy... So next morning tried to add the 2nd box only online and it worked immediately as the 1st box did the night before.

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Just do each box separately online.

Initially I included 2 boxes on the online submission but only the first was activated, I left it overnight assuming might be a delay, no joy... So next morning tried to add the 2nd box only online and it worked immediately as the 1st box did the night before.

When you did it the second time, did you just put in the second viewing cad number on its own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Here's one for ya. I have eir broadband and sky tv package.. Logged into my eir account, entered my sky card number, signed up no problem,, as my father also has sky TV and no eir broadband I signed him up for it also, using his sky card number and my eir account number thinking it wouldn't work, but alas, we both have eir sports package. Is this an oversight or will one of us be getting a charge at the end of the month?? Any ideas

I did the same. I was setting it up for my mother in law and chanced adding my cards too. I added a total of 5 and they all worked!

s.welstead wrote: »
    I did the same. I was setting it up for my mother in law and chanced adding my cards too. I added a total of 5 and they all worked!

You added 5 boxes? Will you be charged for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

When you did it the second time, did you just put in the second viewing cad number on its own?

Yes

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Yes

I just did that, cheers dude

You added 5 boxes? Will you be charged for them?

Not sure in the future but it stated no charges at moment. Tbh I didnt think it would work.
    They'll probably do a check at some point and see that my 3 cards are a different sky account and deactivate.

I don't see how they can. Your account is with sky, how would Eir have access to that?

You would imagine they would verify with Sky as Sky need to handle sending out entitlements. You would have thought Sky have the ability yo flag multiple accounts but maybe they don't care?

• Advertisement
Advertisement