Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

yknaa wrote: »
    Sly will certainly do deals for subscribers who mention Eir and potentially moving away from Sky.

Just wondering if Eir are doing any offers for Sky customers who want to subscribe on an annual sub? Seems like €199 is the best offer so far? Anyone go down this route as a Sky customer?

Also interested in this, might get it in this weekend for the start of the football again. It's actually very difficult to find a link on their website to sign up if you don't want to get broadband with them, quite frustrating :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi all, I posted here a while ago about having a Sky box etc but not having a card. I've tried the suggested routes of contacting Sky, Eir to try and get a card but have had no luck. Sky don't want to know unless I purchase a package and Eir tell me that it's Sky I need to contact (which is fair enough).

Is there any legal route online that I can purchase a card, activate/pair it to my box myself, so I can then register it with Eir and thus get the channels on my TV?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi all, I posted here a while ago about having a Sky box etc but not having a card. I've tried the suggested routes of contacting Sky, Eir to try and get a card but have had no luck. Sky don't want to know unless I purchase a package and Eir tell me that it's Sky I need to contact (which is fair enough).

Is there any legal route online that I can purchase a card, activate/pair it to my box myself, so I can then register it with Eir and thus get the channels on my TV?

Was it Eir you contacted or Eir Sport?

Eir can't help (and obviously haven't a clue) but Eir Sport should have cards as they were issuing Sky cards themselves to non-Sky subscribers when they were Setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's a guy in Wicklow that sells cards on adverts,they are the UK cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

ring 0818 20 30 40 say you are a broadband customer and could you have a card please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

zerks wrote: »
    There's a guy in Wicklow that sells cards on adverts,they are the UK cards.
    AFAIK Sky wont pair a UK card to a box in Ireland

muffler wrote: »
    AFAIK Sky wont pair a UK card to a box in Ireland

that's correct they are uk cards with uk epg and thus cannot be used for the eir pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

How do i go about getting my login info for the website to pair my box up?

Got the broadband installed today,explained the situation to the guy, asked for my account details and he looked at me like i had 4 heads.

Tried to sign up to my eir but need my account number,also tried ringing customer service but couldnt get passed the automated service without anaccount num..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

rogieop wrote: »
    How do i go about getting my login info for the website to pair my box up?

Got the broadband installed today,explained the situation to the guy, asked for my account details and he looked at me like i had 4 heads.

Tried to sign up to my eir but need my account number,also tried ringing customer service but couldnt get passed the automated service without anaccount num..

Your account number was sent to you by email when you first signed up. You would have got the email about 24 hours after signing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

givecredit wrote: »
    Your account number was sent to you by email when you first signed up. You would have got the email about 24 hours after signing up.

Ah right, its in the mrs nme so ill have to get onto herelf... cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭riddles

Hi,

Is it possible to stream eirsport through a samsung smart TV?

Thanks,

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I have a UK Sky card with my box. BT Sports etc are on the listings, however, Eir Sport 1 & 2 are not. How do I add Eir Sport 1 and 2 to the listings before I enter the code on the eir website so they then unlock for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I have a UK Sky card with my box. BT Sports etc are on the listings, however, Eir Sport 1 & 2 are not. How do I add Eir Sport 1 and 2 to the listings before I enter the code on the eir website so they then unlock for me.

Get an Irish card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

A quick google brings this up

https://elfknowsit.com/sky-channel-codes-all-you-need/

N eir Sport 1 11170.75 H DBV-S QPSK 22000 5/6 06/07/2016
    N eir Sport 2 11170.75 H DBV-S QPSK 22000 5/6 06/07/2016
    N eir Sport 2 HD 11225 V DBV-S2 8PSK 23000 2/3 06/07/2016

Del007 wrote: »
    A quick google brings this up

https://elfknowsit.com/sky-channel-codes-all-you-need/

N eir Sport 1 11170.75 H DBV-S QPSK 22000 5/6 06/07/2016
    N eir Sport 2 11170.75 H DBV-S QPSK 22000 5/6 06/07/2016

Cheers for that! Tried it however when I hit search I get a "No signal found" message. Bearing in mind I've all the free view channels no problem able to view so this message perplexes me. It's a sky+ hd box.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cheers for that! Tried it however when I hit search I get a "No signal found" message. Bearing in mind I've all the free view channels no problem able to view so this message perplexes me. It's a sky+ hd box.

Don't think you can with a UK card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭riddles

if you have the broadband through eircom and sky is coming through the dish and sky - I understood you need the eir login to access the channels - how does adding a broadcast code to the sky box identify you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

riddles wrote: »
    if you have the broadband through eircom and sky is coming through the dish and sky - I understood you need the eir login to access the channels - how does adding a broadcast code to the sky box identify you?

You login to the eir sport website and enter your Sky viewing card number on their registration/sign-up page. This will then activate the channels on your Sky box shortly thereafter

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

If you have eir as a business account can you get it on sky tv at home ? or does it have to be a household account ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    If you have eir as a business account can you get it on sky tv at home ? or does it have to be a household account ?

I'd guess domestic/home only as business would be priced differently/have different terms.. but no harm trying it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Can't get it on a business account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ramiroagain

Can anyone explain how I can watch this free Eir sports app or channels through windows

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ramiroagain

Can anyone explain how I can watch this free Eir sports app or channels through windows on a pc.

Please

Can anyone explain how I can watch this free Eir sports app or channels through windows on a pc.

Please

http://live.eirsport.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Please
    You have to use Internet Explorer on windows to watch it but it is keeps freezing and even refreshing the page doesn't work it is unwatchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

coconnellz wrote:
    You have to use Internet Explorer on windows to watch it but it is keeps freezing and even refreshing the page doesn't work it is unwatchable.

Or Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

i have the eir amp on my phone just put it on too watch premier league highlights what comes up on the screen only a message saying due to copyright restrictions this programme is unavailable,:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

i have the eir amp on my phone just put it on too watch premier league highlights what comes up on the screen only a message saying due to copyright restrictions this programme is unavailable,

If you have Eir broadband that should not be a problem. Call them.

• Advertisement

Anyone here using a sky box with the FTA channels as well as getting the EiR Sports pack through their box?

Currently using a UK viewing card in the box. Got an Irish card however it isn't paired with the box (so the message tells me) so do I need to get the card paired with the box before this will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 itoro

im using a sky box for fta and had that error, did a manual pair and it worked for me:

https://skyepginfo.co.uk/HowToGuides/New-Installation.php

Did anyone who is an Eir landline and mobile customer only try asking for the free Eir sport on their sky. My parents are in a rural area where Eir can't provide BB but they are paying more for the landline alone than many of the broadband bundles and there is three eMobile bill phones linked to the account too. Before they call up I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just to mention for anyone who had an existing Setanta subscription, I received a €50 refund today from eir for the balance of my year's sub. Happy days!

Worth double checking either to look for the refund or seeing if it has been paid.

tallpaul wrote: »
    Just to mention for anyone who had an existing Setanta subscription, I received a €50 refund today from eir for the balance of my year's sub. Happy days!

Worth double checking either to look for the refund or seeing if it has been paid.
    as above got a refund of €47.95

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Have a minix box. Downloaded the app via the google play store. Logged in on the app and it works well.

Hi ronanc1000, what model minix box are you using? Regards... Alan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

itoro wrote: »
    im using a sky box for fta and had that error, did a manual pair and it worked for me:

https://skyepginfo.co.uk/HowToGuides/New-Installation.php

D0 i need to connect the phone line to the box to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

Any way to get the app on an Amazon Fire stick with Kodi installed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

chasm wrote: »

No.

whiterebel wrote: »
    No.

Didn't work, says it needs to be connected to a phone line. Box currently states that "This is the wrong card for this set top box". Ah sod it! I managed this long without those sports channels, i think i can live without them lol. Have to say it is so typically "eir" though - nothing is straightforward and they can't/won't answer simple questions in relation to this on their talk to page either.

Yes you need phone line connect. This Manual pair involves a callback to sky centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

You can use a Ethernet cable or set up WiFi on the box and it'll work

givecredit wrote: »
    Yes you need phone line connect. This Manual pair involves a callback to sky centre.

Strange, my Sky box has never been conncetd to a phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

For anyone that wants to know. You don't need to be subscribed to Sky to get the free BT/Eir Sports on your Sky box. You just need your old sky box and your old viewing card and enter the 9 digit number of that card into Eir's registration page and the BT Sport channels will be instantly available even though you cannot get any of the Sky channels as you are no longer a Sky customer. It's great for anybody who is still using their old Sky Box for free to air channels as this adds 6 great HD sports channels to the mix. Really great for watching the big UFC matches. I'm not a Sky customer but I signed up with my old Sky viewing card that's in the old sky box and I got the BT sports instantly.

Did anyone who is an Eir landline and mobile customer only try asking for the free Eir sport on their sky. My parents are in a rural area where Eir can't provide BB but they are paying more for the landline alone than many of the broadband bundles and there is three eMobile bill phones linked to the account too. Before they call up I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation.

It's only free for Eir broadband customers. It's not available for Eir mobile or landline only customers. You need to have one of their broadband packages, otherwise you need to pay for it

CFC007 wrote: »
    Any way to get the app on an Amazon Fire stick with Kodi installed.

Yeah, you can get the app onto a Fire TV Stick by sideloading the Android app onto the Fire TV. I hate the Fire TV Sticks though as they have very limtied functionality and you can't use an air mouse with them. I have the new full sized Fire TV unit which allows you to use and air mouse. You need this to operated the Eir app. I'd advise ditching the Fir TV Stick and just buy the full sized one as it's way better.

Anyone here using a sky box with the FTA channels as well as getting the EiR Sports pack through their box?

Currently using a UK viewing card in the box. Got an Irish card however it isn't paired with the box (so the message tells me) so do I need to get the card paired with the box before this will work?

Yeah, I just signed up with my old Sky Box even though I'm not a Sky subscriber. Just popped in the number on the old viewing card into the Eir sport registration page and the BT sports were instantly unlocked.

loughrey wrote: »
    For anyone that wants to know. You don't need to be subscribed to Sky to get the free BT/Eir Sports on your Sky box. You just need your old sky box and your old viewing card and enter the 9 digit number of that card into Eir's registration page and the BT Sport channels will be instantly available even though you cannot get any of the Sky channels as you are no longer a Sky customer. It's great for anybody who is still using their old Sky Box for free to air channels as this adds 6 great HD sports channels to the mix. Really great for watching the big UFC matches. I'm not a Sky customer but I signed up with my old Sky viewing card that's in the old sky box and I got the BT sports instantly.
    Yeah, I just signed up with my old Sky Box even though I'm not a Sky subscriber. Just popped in the number on the old viewing card into the Eir sport registration page and the BT sports were instantly unlocked.

Handy enough if, as you say you have an old box and card, as they will already be paired. Unfortunately i had neither as i have never been a customer of sky. My parents gave me their old sky box but they cannot find the card for it, my brother gave me his old sky card but it's not paired with the box so it's not so straightforward.

Handy enough if, as you say you have an old box and card, as they will already be paired. Unfortunately i had neither as i have never been a customer of sky. My parents gave me their old sky box but they cannot find the card for it, my brother gave me his old sky card but it's not paired with the box so it's not so straightforward.

Yeah, most people have their old box with their old viewing card still in it. i don't know why your parents would have even taken the viewing card out of the old box as nobody ever has a reason to need to remove the viewing card from the Sky Box. Best to look for card and box from Adverts or be a chancer and call sky to see if they will pair the old card to the box. If you get a nix guy on the phone he might do it for you as a FTA card. In the UK they sell FTA cards that are paired to the box, which would allow you to access BT Sport as I have a UK FTA card for my box, i'm not sure if Sky Ireland sell them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

This doesnt work on my tv box? It keeps crashing just after login.

Working on firefox on win7. BUT silverlight blocks me from connecting HDMI to tv from laptop. Any workaround on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In the UK they sell FTA cards that are paired to the box
    In that situation you would have to buy the box and card together without any guarantee that the card is indeed paired to the box. In any event that is totally irrelevant to the issue as a UK card will not work here

as I have a UK FTA card for my box
    Are you receiving the Eir Sports pack?

• Advertisement
Advertisement