Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

chasm wrote: »
    Handy enough if, as you say you have an old box and card, as they will already be paired. Unfortunately i had neither as i have never been a customer of sky. My parents gave me their old sky box but they cannot find the card for it, my brother gave me his old sky card but it's not paired with the box so it's not so straightforward.

Just ring Eir Sport, ask them for a new viewing card. You will get one in post within about 3-4 days. Ring them again to pair card with box and activate sports.

I have done the above without any issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

How do I add eir sport channels to my box. I have e fibre and e vision but the channels don't show up on my tv yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

The quality of the online player is horrendous. It is so blurry to watch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

How do I add eir sport channels to my box. I have e fibre and e vision but the channels don't show up on my tv yet

If you're trying to watch them through eVision you'll need to call them I'd say.

If you're trying to watch via a Sky box, you can pair the viewing card number to your eir account on the eir Sports site as described previously

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Vahevala wrote: »
    The quality of the online player is horrendous. It is so blurry to watch :(

That's your device and/or internet buddy! You getting good speeds? Use 5ghz wireless where possible. Mine is perfect everytime on Lappy and ipad anywhere I have used them. Obviously got a few glitches but none quality related.

Originally Posted by Killergreene View Post

I had this problem and after numerous phone calls to their support and many resets It was me who figured it out.

Go to Settings and (not sure as not at my tv) go to channel list I think it is.

In there there is a little Eye beside the channels you can see when you browse or go to menu. Ensure they all have the Eye switched on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

battser wrote: »
    That's your device and/or internet buddy! You getting good speeds? Use 5ghz wireless where possible. Mine is perfect everytime on Lappy and ipad anywhere I have used them. Obviously got a few glitches but none quality related.

I am on UPC broadband and my speed is top notch and my laptop is new. I have seen other posts on twitter saying the same. The quality is poor. It is certainly nowhere near HD quality and as for a 5 min delay, that is so stupid.

https://twitter.com/jacobzur/status/767366618116714496

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Agreed. The picture quality on the eir app is nowhere near as good as Sky Go which is excellent.

Incidentally the picture quality on the MLB At Bat is fantastic. Proper HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

What's the link to watch it online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My old Setanta/BT 2 monthly sub expires tomorrow and normally I would have received a phone call from Setanta long before now offering it to me again for a tenner a month for the next 2 months. I was sort of hoping that the takeover by Eir would have resulted in the Setanta staff being retained and maybe they or their replacements would have been ringing round people like my self but not a cheep unfortunately.

Ah well, its one bill less to pay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

givecredit wrote: »
    Just ring Eir Sport, ask them for a new viewing card. You will get one in post within about 3-4 days. Ring them again to pair card with box and activate sports.

I have done the above without any issues.

Thanks, i got in touch with Eir and a card is on the way.

Thanks, i got in touch with Eir and a card is on the way.

My card arrived today and popped it in my old hd box, i am getting Eir sports 2 in Hd only, sd Bt sport 1, 2, 3, BT/Espn and Eir sport 1 as well. Will the card need to be paired to the box version and serial number by Eir to get the Bt channels in Hd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

My card arrived today and popped it in my old hd box, i am getting Eir sports 2 in Hd only, sd Bt sport 1, 2, 3, BT/Espn and Eir sport 1 as well. Will the card need to be paired to the box version and serial number by Eir to get the Bt channels in Hd?
    You should be getting the bt hd channels

kooga wrote: »
    You should be getting the bt hd channels
    Will leave it on the hd channels overnight and if not working in the morning i will give eir a call.

Will leave it on the hd channels overnight and if not working in the morning i will give eir a call.

Just got a reply to my email (with box version/serial num and card num) from eir and they have confirmed that they have paired my card with my box, am now getting the channels in hd. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Is anyone getting the eir/bt sports channels in hd on eirvision? seems that they are charging for it on eir but its free through a sky box, seems strange

• Advertisement

Is anyone getting the eir/bt sports channels in hd on eirvision? seems that they are charging for it on eir but its free through a sky box, seems strange

its an extra €5 but it does give you eirpsort 1 in hd which is not on the sky box.

its an extra €5 but it does give you eirpsort 1 in hd which is not on the sky box.

But the hd is free on the sky box? just seems strange eir dont provide there own channels free in hd if sky are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

if anyone is interested in doing a skygo/my eir swap, I'd be interested. Have a free slot on my skygo devices and if there is an eircom broadband user who doesnt want to use their eir sports we might be able to organise something......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Ive an old sky box (white one), and dont have a subscription to SKY, can I still use it to get free BT Sports and EIR Sports?

Ive an old sky box (white one), and dont have a subscription to SKY, can I still use it to get free BT Sports and EIR Sports?

yes but the box must have a viewing card

• Advertisement

Thanks. I have one. Any idea where I can start to try getting it set up?

loughrey wrote: »
    For anyone that wants to know. You don't need to be subscribed to Sky to get the free BT/Eir Sports on your Sky box. You just need your old sky box and your old viewing card and enter the 9 digit number of that card into Eir's registration page and the BT Sport channels will be instantly available even though you cannot get any of the Sky channels as you are no longer a Sky customer. It's great for anybody who is still using their old Sky Box for free to air channels as this adds 6 great HD sports channels to the mix. Really great for watching the big UFC matches. I'm not a Sky customer but I signed up with my old Sky viewing card that's in the old sky box and I got the BT sports instantly.

Do you have to have your box connected to to the internet or do you get the channels through satellite? Id guess the latter, but just want to confirm to see if it'll affect my broadband since someone in the house uses an Android box to stream stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

But the hd is free on the sky box? just seems strange eir dont provide there own channels free in hd if sky are

It is Eir providing those channels on satellite. Sky have absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Do you have to have your box connected to to the internet or do you get the channels through satellite? Id guess the latter, but just want to confirm to see if it'll affect my broadband since someone in the house uses an Android box to stream stuff.

Satellite

I asked in the talk to Eir forum about needing an active Sky subscription and got this
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/101207434
    I am afraid you will need to an active subscription to watch it from your SKY viewing box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

I asked in the talk to Eir forum about needing an active Sky subscription and got this
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/101207434
    I am afraid you will need to an active subscription to watch it from your SKY viewing box.

That's not accurate - I don't have an active subscription and it works fine for me.
    You need a viewing card, and you need to provide the number to Eir but that's it.
    I hadn't paid Sky in over a year when I activated the sports.

Mickalus wrote: »
    That's not accurate - I don't have an active subscription and it works fine for me.
    You need a viewing card, and you need to provide the number to Eir but that's it.
    I hadn't paid Sky in over a year when I activated the sports.

Thats great. Do you have to put in details into the sky box to get the channels after telling Eir or do they just show up?? Thanks!

Thats great. Do you have to put in details into the sky box to get the channels after telling Eir or do they just show up?? Thanks!

I had the channel on on the TV (with the 'you need to subscribe' thing showing - no actual picture)
    Went upstairs to the PC, entered in the viewing card # on the Eir website, went back downstairs and the channels were all live.
    Easy as that. :)

I had the channel on on the TV (with the 'you need to subscribe' thing showing - no actual picture)
    Went upstairs to the PC, entered in the viewing card # on the Eir website, went back downstairs and the channels were all live.
    Easy as that. :)

Fantastic, greatly appreciate the help! Ill try it later so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Guys, when you buy a sub using a sky viewing card number, are you then able to access the channels through eirsport.ie to watch on pc? Or do you need eir BB to get it on the pc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭YiddoOConnell

I'm new to this page but I'm about to get this deal. It is quite good. But it seems like 70 euros a month after 3 months and you are tied into a 18 month plan. I would hope I could use my phone or laptop or ipad as an alternative if I'm on the go when I'm not at home.

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Guys, when you buy a sub using a sky viewing card number, are you then able to access the channels through eirsport.ie to watch on pc? Or do you need eir BB to get it on the pc?

What do you mean buy a sub? If you have eir broadband you can get Eir Sports and BT Sports channels free. You can watch it on the app, on a pc through eirsport.ieor on SKy Tv. To watch on the web you need to registered for my eir...according to the flyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What do you mean buy a sub? If you have eir broadband you can get Eir Sports and BT Sports channels free. You can watch it on the app, on a pc through eirsport.ieor on SKy Tv. To watch on the web you need to registered for my eir...according to the flyer

By buy a sub, I mean buy a subscription, sorry :)

Also, I realise that I'm in the wrong thread. Apologies for that too!

I mean, non eir customer. Sign up online for 25 per month or 225 for the year to get you sky card provisioned.

I ammuse you only have access through that sky card then, and can't actually view on eirsport.ie as I'm still not an eir customer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭monkeycork

Do eir TV customers with HD add on received BT Sport extra 1 in HD? The SD vision is channel is number 440

monkeycork wrote: »
    Do eir TV customers with HD add on received BT Sport extra 1 in HD? The SD vision is channel is number 440
    no

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭monkeycork

no
    Do anyone have these in HD? Vodafone, sky, virgin? The bt sport extra channels?

idon't think so they are not even in hd on the sky platform

The SD bt channels on eir vision are terrible

You can't get eir sport or BT sport on virign in any form they wouldn't pay eir the required fee to have access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Prob a stupid question but. My brother has eir broadband and tv and I have sky is there anyway of getting the channels onto the skybox even though he has them on his box already?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Fantastic, greatly appreciate the help! Ill try it later so :D

Any joy?
    Luap wrote: »
    Prob a stupid question but. My brother has eir broadband and tv and I have sky is there anyway of getting the channels onto the skybox even though he has them on his box already?

Cheers.

Yeah, just have him enter in your sky viewing card number and it should work fine.
    **plenty of people are doing it, but I'll leave it upto you to check the legal mumbo jumbo, in case that breaches any T&C's....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Hey,

Reading the info below in the link, does this allow people to add Eir Sports account against more than one viewing card number? Has anyone used their Eir account for more than one viewing card?

http://support.eir.ie/eirsport/sky#qa3404

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Luap wrote: »

Cheers.

I have mine working this way through my dads eir broadband/tv account.
    Get your brother to log into his eir acc and he can add your viewing card number from there.
    Full instructions on the eir site and mine was active after about an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Hey,

Reading the info below in the link, does this allow people to add Eir Sports account against more than one viewing card number? Has anyone used their Eir account for more than one viewing card?

http://support.eir.ie/eirsport/sky#qa3404

You can, read the thread from post #243, lots of info from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'm getting mixed messages here. You either need an old sky card or eir can send you a card for a sky box if you don't have one. Which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

It can be confusing, an old sky card means a card that had a sub to setanta sports or an irish card that had a sky sub BUT the card must be irish, a uk card wont work. And apparrently the new sky cards are red!! hence the use of old!! If you dont have such a card ring eir sport and they will post you out one.

Now I have been given an old sky card that was cancelled and I could not get it to update via the website. To ring eir is a right pain and I have 2 already so I have given up.

Clear now!!

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of switching from Virgin to Eir, how is their TV offering? You still get a box from them that you hook up to your TV etc etc? I really miss the sports channels :(

Any joy?

Yeah, just have him enter in your sky viewing card number and it should work fine.
    **plenty of people are doing it, but I'll leave it upto you to check the legal mumbo jumbo, in case that breaches any T&C's....

Havent got around to it yet, redecorating the house :( Hoping to do it this weekend anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

swoofer wrote: »
    It can be confusing, an old sky card means a card that had a sub to setanta sports or an irish card that had a sky sub BUT the card must be irish, a uk card wont work. And apparrently the new sky cards are red!! hence the use of old!! If you dont have such a card ring eir sport and they will post you out one.

Now I have been given an old sky card that was cancelled and I could not get it to update via the website. To ring eir is a right pain and I have 2 already so I have given up.

Clear now!!

Rang eir sports on 0818203040 and they are indeed sending em a viewing card.

Thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Thanks for posting the number there. I just rang and ordered my viewing card also.

It was a bit strange as although the broadband is in my parents name he wanted to set up the EirSport account in my name as it wouldn't make a difference he said once it was verified that 'it was an eircom broadband household'.

Does this sound right to people? I suppose I didn't really expect Eir and Eir sport to be separate and require two separate accounts for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ever since I took avail of this offer I've has 19.08 added to my broadband bill for over usage . I never had that before, in fact I believe my broadband was unlimited , was always the same price, but two months in a row I've had the exact amount of over usage which comes to 19.08, the price that BT sports would be ironically . Last bill was 170 euro. 45 of that for broadband, it's 0.70 of a MB speed also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement