Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spray on Skinny jeans

• 05-07-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

What are peoples opinions on guys wearing spray on skinny jeans. Do you have to be a particular body type to pull off the look or like , and I hate saying this a ''hipster'' or ''rocker'' to wear them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

In my opinion wear whatever you want, but if they're too tight to sit or walk in your going to look awkward and that's not a great look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I personally don't like them at all.

Where do they put their genitals??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

py2006 wrote:
    Where do they put their genitals??

Put them? Are yours detachable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Ionised wrote: »
    Put them? Are yours detachable?

No, but surely theirs are in order to get them jeans on... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

lukewaters wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on guys wearing spray on skinny jeans. Do you have to be a particular body type to pull off the look or like , and I hate saying this a ''hipster'' or ''rocker'' to wear them?

I would say that guys need to be slim to look good in them. Guys with very bulky thighs don't look great in them and overweight guys should really avoid them as it just accentuates their flabby parts unfortunately. You don't need to belong to a distinct subculture to be able to wear them. Loads of guys seem to wear them these days and when you see places like Penneys selling them, you know they've become mainstream.

If you want to wear them and you like how you look in them, then go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

If your slim enough I think they can look great as part of a street wear or rock aesthetic. Now you do need to be quite a thin to pull them off which is why the style can sometimes be referred to as heroin chic. If your looking for inspiration look at SLP men's range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Personally not a fan of them on men. But they are becoming for popular and more common as a jean type available. For my own young fella, he hates skinny jeans but most of the jeans for his age are skinny fitting.

I think it can really only be pulled of by a fella with long slim legs. And to be honest I'm jealous of a guy who can pull off skinny jeans with lovely slim legs!! Unfortunately muscular legs just look bet into the trousers. Also you have to worry about the health aspect. When ladies skinny jeans became really popular it was said that there was an increase in cases of thrush and urinary tract infections. My understanding is that testicles are supposed to be kept at a temp just outside of body temperature.

That said, many women wear skinny jeans that aren't tall and slim, myself included, and that doesn't stop us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I don't think 'oh the slimmer the better' when buying jeans. I personally wear skinny jeans. I've quite muscular legs but I'm generally quite a thin build.
    I think your jeans should always look slim to skinny, someone who's pencil thin wearing slim fitting jeans will look like they're wearing straight leg. Go with slimmer jeans but only to the point where they're not too tight.
    I think never few lads/guys/men can pull off spray on jeans, the only person who comes to mind is James Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 25 StyleKillah

I definitely can't live without my skinny jeans - a young guy who's legs aren't too thin. The thing you really need to look for is quality and fit which for me means staying away from the high street shops. When something is cut that closely, it needs to feel good so natural high quality fibre denims. Years ago I used to buy skinnies from Topman and they'd be uncomfortable and last only a few months before the crotch wears out. I've moved on to NudieJeans among others which are working out much better for me.

Also don't be afraid to size up. When it comes to skinnies, regardless of waist size, the inseam legs will always be cut at a certain CM, albeit 13cm, 15.5cm or 17cm so size up the waist if you want a little more crotch room which is what I do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I definitely can't live without my skinny jeans - a young guy who's legs aren't too thin. The thing you really need to look for is quality and fit which for me means staying away from the high street shops. When something is cut that closely, it needs to feel good so natural high quality fibre denims. Years ago I used to buy skinnies from Topman and they'd be uncomfortable and last only a few months before the crotch wears out. I've moved on to NudieJeans among others which are working out much better for me.

I bought a pair of Nudie long john skinny jeans yesterday, amazing pair of jeans!

Advertisement