Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for Romantic Hotel Break Near Dublin?

Options
  • 05-07-2016 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I'm looking to treat my significant other to a surprise one night luxury hotel stay for her birthday. We live in Dublin, so looking for somewhere within 90 minutes or so. We went to Wineport Lodge previously and she loved that. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Lyrath Estate so far, but I've never been.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

ah mod: Moved this to Dublin City forum - their charter applies. Read it before posting, thanks.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056816998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Brooke Lodge in Wiklow is very nice. Not too far from Dublin either.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭SomeDude

Thanks. Looks like a very nice spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Powerscourt?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't think you could go wrong with Carton House. I booked a night there as myself and my new wife travelled back from our wedding in Galway before heading off on honeymoon and it was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Brooke Lodge in Wiklow is very nice. Not too far from Dublin either.

This is the first place i thought of.....was there 2 years ago, cant wait to go back at some stage in the near future.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Powerscourt?

Thanks for the suggestion. She was there recently with her sister and loved it. Might go with it, but looking for somewhere she hasn't been ideally.

Don't think you could go wrong with Carton House. I booked a night there as myself and my new wife travelled back from our wedding in Galway before heading off on honeymoon and it was perfect.

Thanks. I'll look into that suggestion!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Coach house hotel , kilmessan? They have a cosy suite in the station masters house/ signal house which seems quite nice. Has anybody stayed there? I was in a standard room.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hunters Hotel in Rathnew, Wicklow. Lovely old fashioned coaching lodge with great food.
    If the night is a bit chill they put hot waterbottles in your bed. :)

We've stayed in numerous country houses and hotels throughout the country, some better, some worse but this is the one we return to most frequently. It has an old fashioned charm that is as appealing as the warped floorboards are entertaining (after a few bottles of good wine).

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement