Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Cabinet Question

Options
  • 05-07-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello

Could one of the Eir reps help me with when a Fibre Cabinet might go live.

The Cabinet in question is FXD1_001. This cab has been at 'Within 1 Year' status for about 12-14 months on the Eir.ie site.

On fibrerollout.ie the cabinet has been at 'Fibre Build Commenced' for a couple of months now.

I would just like to know when this cabinet might go live? 

The exchange in the area is Fibre enabled, (FXD1_E01).

Any information on when this Cabinet, FXD1_001 might go live would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hello

Could one of the Eir reps help me with when a Fibre Cabinet might go live.

The Cabinet in question is FXD1_001. This cab has been at 'Within 1 Year' status for about 12-14 months on the Eir.ie site.

On fibrerollout.ie the cabinet has been at 'Fibre Build Commenced' for a couple of months now.

I would just like to know when this cabinet might go live? 

The exchange in the area is Fibre enabled, (FXD1_E01).

Any information on when this Cabinet, FXD1_001 might go live would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]coffeeJohn92,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked our latest deployment plan and we have estimated this cabinet will be live in Autumn 2016.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coffeeJohn92

Hey Pamela

Thanks for the reply.

We are currently on a Fibre connection but seeing as we are about 1800m from the local exchange, our speed is 7mb/s.

When this cabinet is live will it be possible for us to be connected to it instead of the exchange? Seeing as its closer.

I've checked on Google maps and Ireland Offline and it looks like we are about 900 meters from where the cabinet is to be placed.  

I'm not sure what speed we could get from that range but it must be better than 7mb/s, any increase would be amazing to be honest.

Would it be ok if I PM'd you our number to check what distance we are and if a increase in speed is possible?

Thank You

Hey Pamela

Thanks for the reply.

We are currently on a Fibre connection but seeing as we are about 1800m from the local exchange, our speed is 7mb/s.

When this cabinet is live will it be possible for us to be connected to it instead of the exchange? Seeing as its closer.

I've checked on Google maps and Ireland Offline and it looks like we are about 900 meters from where the cabinet is to be placed.  

I'm not sure what speed we could get from that range but it must be better than 7mb/s, any increase would be amazing to be honest.

Would it be ok if I PM'd you our number to check what distance we are and if a increase in speed is possible?

Thank You
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]coffeeJohn92,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me your account details & I will take a look into this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lines on that cab would have been excluded from eVDSL, that indicates you aren't routed via it. Network rearrangement is not something open eir do so its very unlikely you'll see improvments until 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi Ed E,

Thank you for getting in touch. Is there anything we can help you with? 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

• Advertisement

Sent you a PM yesterday Pamela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Sent you a PM yesterday Pamela
    Thank you coffeeJohn92,

Pamela is currently working through her PMs and will respond to you soon. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Thanks Pamela for your reply

Before we switched to an Efibre package we used to have a 12mb/s ADSL2+ connection,
    If we where to downgrade our package to ADSL, could we get that speed again?

We are a business and the 12mb/s would be a big help to us.

Thanks again

Thanks Pamela for your reply

Before we switched to an Efibre package we used to have a 12mb/s ADSL2+ connection,
    If we where to downgrade our package to ADSL, could we get that speed again?

We are a business and the 12mb/s would be a big help to us.

Thanks again
    Hi coffeeJohn92,

I have responded to your PM.

-Pamela 

Advertisement