Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Objecting to planning

Options
  • 05-07-2016 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking to object to a site proposal to construct 6 houses in my estate in Rush. The builder wants to build 6 more houses in my estate when he has many vacant houses in the estate for 10 years which are unsightly and neglected.

I am just wondering if anyone has anything for me to put in my submission in relation to this (water/waste etc, county policy/plan for Rush).

I have my individual objections which I can write down but I was looking at an online example and it said to state other issues which can effect the community as a whole.

I've never objected to planning before so I'm a little bit lost. I looked at the development plan but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you know if the builder already had planning permission to build the houses or if it's a fresh application?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you are looking for general advice on objections to planning you could try the Construction & Planning forum (under the Home & Garden category). This thread seems to be specifically about planning issues.

However, if you are looking for locally-specific reasons for objection - here is probably the best place.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

He applied for it in 2004 and it was granted Jan 2005. It's a new reference number based on the reference number for that 2004 permission. No work was done on the site. The box permission is ticked on the notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You should look the application up on Fingal County Councils website so you can see a full description of what is being applied for so you have more details as to what you are complaining about.

http://www.fingal.ie/planning-and-buildings/apply-or-search-for-a-planning-application/view-or-search-planning-applications/

In order for me to object I had to search the application so I know what he is proposing to do, I now have to send in a submission with my objections. I was just thinking from a "Rush" perspective would there be anything I could add to it? I have my objections based on my individual concerns but I thought if I had something about Rush it might be more balanced. I thought that given sewage being pumped into the beaches here that additional houses wouldn't be great until that's sorted. But I'm not even sure what I would call that. Or is it relevant?

We have a waste treatment plant in the estate which was supposed to be temporary until Rush could manage the additional waste. Adding more houses to it seems crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Why would he want to develop 6 more if there are many standing vacant as you claim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

T-Maxx wrote:
    Why would he want to develop 6 more if there are many standing vacant as you claim?

Common sense isn't very common atall when it comes to building and planing in Ireland. I've seen it in my own village too. 90 houses built in a village of 300 people. Around half those houses are occupied, and now there building an apartment block across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I would expect prices to be driven down if the supply exceeds the demand. Is it a case of the developers simply holding on to it because they know the market will pick up again and they don't want to / need to drop the asking prices?

I've been living across from 5 vacant houses for 10 years. All in disrepair, some wirh windows broken, broken gutters, overgrown gardens.

Then he puts up a notice to build another 6 on same road. I just couldn't get my head around it. Maybe it is that the market is picking up and it might be in my interest to have it done but the way he has gone about things makes me want to fight him. I just dont trust him.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

You could well find that the 5 vacant house's are in NAMA or sold on by them even if the same builder is there under a different company name.
    The builder's of Chapel Farm and Lusk village moved on to other development's under different company name's if memory serves me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement