Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio Eireann Sig Tune

• 05-07-2016 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember it? Lying in bed, home sick from school waiting for the station to re-open at 5ish in the evening. And then you hear it 'De de de dee etc.' O'Donnell Abu I think it was. Lunchtime Kennedys of Castleross and on Saturdays after half day in school race home for the science fiction programme. End of fifties and early sixties? Life was simple but I'm not saying it was great. Too young then to feel the vicissitudes of life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Did it go like this?

Dee, dee, dee-dee dee dee dee,
    Dee, dee, dee-dee dee dee dee, deeee, deeee, dee-dee

Sorry, I can't remember the second verse. :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Did it go like this?

Dee, dee, dee-dee dee dee dee, deeee, deeee, dee-dee

Sorry, I can't remember the second verse. :o:D

You nearly got it; missed a few dees in the second and third lines and (while waiting for it to finish) I think it went on forever:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Played at 5.30am every morning still :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Thanks HH. Ill have to rise (an hour) earlier to hear this. Perhaps it will regress me to earlier times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It used to be played twice, once a "plain" version, then a more orchestral mix - but these days it's just the one rendition.

Cutbacks - terrible things!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Played at 5.30am every morning still :)

Aww, my clock doesn't have 5.30am on it. I'll have to miss it so (kicks ground petulantly!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Does Rte play the national anthem anymore? Actually, I might mail them and enquire. BBC radio four play the UK national anthem just before close down. As we are down memory lane, remember Harbour Hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

madmaggie wrote: »
    Does Rte play the national anthem anymore? Actually, I might mail them and enquire. BBC radio four play the UK national anthem just before close down. As we are down memory lane, remember Harbour Hotel?

But we don't close down anymore, hence no national anthem.

Harbour Hotel was the new kid on the block when The Kennedy's of Castleross ended, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I forgot rte doesn't close down, the morning Sig tune reminds me of getting up early for shift work. That music and the now obsolete UK theme would make me hop!

Advertisement