Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Ramps - You Had ONE Job!

Options
  • 05-07-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

You had one job!
    ?type=3
    13600116_1206975549354016_40154845399720028_n.jpg?oh=32c49e94438063652ca8306d33b3feca&oe=57FE487F

A speed ram placed on a corner at a stop sign, where Lewis Hamilton wouldn’t be speeding!

I saw that one yesterday, across from the chemists. However, there are then no ramps on the road to the crèche where cars would speed!

This idiocy is repeated all over Charlesland Park and Grove. Not funny though, as our management fees pay for this. The directors making these ludicrous decisions shouldn’t be left in a position to do so.

After seeing this wastage and incompetence, I’ve taken a look at the accounts and also notice over €4,000+ on postage and printing compared to €500-€600 in prior years. We’ve received sparse communications over the last two years, two newsletter and AGM notices. How’s that cost €4,000?

In March, I emailed the directors at the email address provided in April, about road safety, expenditure and neighbourhood watch. I’ve had no reply to that or to a chasing email I sent.

If these directors are not overseeing our money or providing any communications to us, I suggest they step aside. If I can free up time I’ll volunteer though I’m not sure of the process for this or what the requirements are to become a director. We need somebody looking after residents’ interests.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Bit of a scam that - if you added up all the money you'd have a speed camera - cameras work

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Hi Mark, trolling again probably if you paid your fees you would get a response from the management company. You are well aware of the process as you previously served as a Director.

Honestly! wrote: »
    You had one job!
    ?type=3
    13600116_1206975549354016_40154845399720028_n.jpg?oh=32c49e94438063652ca8306d33b3feca&oe=57FE487F

A speed ram placed on a corner at a stop sign, where Lewis Hamilton wouldn’t be speeding!

I saw that one yesterday, across from the chemists. However, there are then no ramps on the road to the crèche where cars would speed!

This idiocy is repeated all over Charlesland Park and Grove. Not funny though, as our management fees pay for this. The directors making these ludicrous decisions shouldn’t be left in a position to do so.

After seeing this wastage and incompetence, I’ve taken a look at the accounts and also notice over €4,000+ on postage and printing compared to €500-€600 in prior years. We’ve received sparse communications over the last two years, two newsletter and AGM notices. How’s that cost €4,000?

In March, I emailed the directors at the email address provided in April, about road safety, expenditure and neighbourhood watch. I’ve had no reply to that or to a chasing email I sent.

If these directors are not overseeing our money or providing any communications to us, I suggest they step aside. If I can free up time I’ll volunteer though I’m not sure of the process for this or what the requirements are to become a director. We need somebody looking after residents’ interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This forum isnt a place to have disputes with your neighbours or the management company.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement