Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Issue

Options
  • 05-07-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am currently living in Canada and yesterday I placed a reservation online on booking.com for accommodation in the US for the end of the month. I used my credit card to reserve the accommodation however I received notification that the card has been rejected.
    Before I left I advised Bank of Ireland that I will be travelling and will be using the card while I am abroad. Can you confirm why my card has been rejected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

alang20 wrote: »
    I am currently living in Canada and yesterday I placed a reservation online on booking.com for accommodation in the US for the end of the month. I used my credit card to reserve the accommodation however I received notification that the card has been rejected.
    Before I left I advised Bank of Ireland that I will be travelling and will be using the card while I am abroad. Can you confirm why my card has been rejected?

Hi alang20,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

To check why your card did not work you can send a query via the Online service desk on Banking 365 Online or alternatively you can call our Credit card team directly on 00353 567 757 303 and a representative will be happy to check this for you.

Representatives are available Monday – Friday 8am-8pm and 10am-5pm weekends.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement