Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre line speed issue - EIR Representative - Please contact me.

Options
  • 05-07-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Can somebody from EIR please contact me directly about getting an issue on my line resolved. I have been an EIR/Eircom customer for the last few years. When I started with eFibre I was on a profile that gave me a steady download speed of 22Mb and this worked great for over a year. I then experienced intermittent line drops and was downgraded to a profile that was giving me 18MB with no line drops which was OK and worked for the last couple of years. 2 weeks ago I experienced issues again and was downgraded to a profile of 7Mb!! I had this for a week and then requested to be put back onto 18Mb - my router is telling me I can get 22-28Mb - the support put me up to 12Mb which is working OK but still too slow. The support line have told me that their system is not allowing me to upgrade to a higher (18Mb) profile as my line won't support it - eventhough I have been getting that speed and higher for over 3 years!

I had two Eircom technicians out last week who didn't discover any faults and said my line cansupport 18Mb and that I should call Support to get them to upgrade me again. After over a frustrating 1hr 15mins on with Support and Customer Service last week I am still no closer to getting my line put back to the speed it was at all along. I don't think it is right that I should be expected to have my line speed decreased from the original 22Mb down to 12Mb without explanation or effort to resolve. @EIR representative - please PM me directly and I will give you my account details so we can get this resolved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

patrickpc wrote: »
    Can somebody from EIR please contact me directly about getting an issue on my line resolved. I have been an EIR/Eircom customer for the last few years. When I started with eFibre I was on a profile that gave me a steady download speed of 22Mb and this worked great for over a year. I then experienced intermittent line drops and was downgraded to a profile that was giving me 18MB with no line drops which was OK and worked for the last couple of years. 2 weeks ago I experienced issues again and was downgraded to a profile of 7Mb!! I had this for a week and then requested to be put back onto 18Mb - my router is telling me I can get 22-18Mb - the support put me up to 12Mb which is working OK but still too slow. The support line have told me that their system is not allowing me to upgrade to a higher (18Mb) profile as my line won't support it - eventhough I have been getting that speed and higher for over 3 years!

I had two Eircom technicians out last week who didn't discover any faults and said my line cansupport 18Mb and that I should call Support to get them to upgrade me again. After over a frustrating 1hr 15mins on with Support and Customer Service last week I am still no closer to getting my line put back to the speed it was at all along. I don't think it is right that I should be expected to have my line speed decreased from the original 22Mb down to 12Mb without explanation or effort to resolve. @EIR representative - please PM me directly and I will give you my account details so we can get this resolved.
    Hi patrickpc,

I have sent you a PM.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

Can somebody from EIR please contact me directly about getting an issue on my line resolved. I have been an EIR/Eircom customer for the last few years. When I started with eFibre I was on a profile that gave me a steady download speed of 22Mb and this worked great for over a year. I then experienced intermittent line drops and was downgraded to a profile that was giving me 18MB with no line drops which was OK and worked for the last couple of years. 2 weeks ago I experienced issues again and was downgraded to a profile of 7Mb!! I had this for a week and then requested to be put back onto 18Mb - my router is telling me I can get 22-18Mb - the support put me up to 12Mb which is working OK but still too slow. The support line have told me that their system is not allowing me to upgrade to a higher (18Mb) profile as my line won't support it - eventhough I have been getting that speed and higher for over 3 years!

Hi patrickpc,

I have sent you a PM.

-Pamela 
    Thanks. I have PM-ed you my account details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi patrickpc,

I have sent you a PM.

-Pamela 
    Thanks. I have PM-ed you my account details.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]patrickpc,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm going through my PM's now and will be back to you shortly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement