Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving house

Options
  • 05-07-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I just moved house last week so i need to transfer my details to the new house. We have a meter reading from the day we left the old house but we dont have one from the day we moved into the new house as the box is locked we cant get at it. Our landlord said ye would have a reading from the new house when the last tenants moved out , is this right?
    Thanks ,
    Aoife

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Aoife,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes, if the previous occupants were customers of Electric Ireland and if they had access to take a meter-reading when they moved out (and if it was taken on a date that you would be happy to move in from) this can indeed be done as standard.

If the previous occupants were not Electric Ireland customers or if they did not take a meter-reading and had to be moved out on an estimate, you may need to be moved in on an estimate also, which is unfortunately not accurate. Would there be anyone who could give you access to the meter at any stage? For example is it a property company?

We can check further if the tenants were customers of Electric Ireland - just private message any of us reps the meter point reference number (MPRN) and the address in full, stating that you wish to register with Electric Ireland.

One of us will be able to get back to you tomorrow (we finish up at 6 this evening).

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aoifm03

Ya they were definately electric ireland , cool thanks a mill il send on the details in private and can get it sorted tomorrow, thanks for getting back to me
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Aoife,

You are very welcome.

We appreciate you getting back to us.

We have responded to your private message now.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement