Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security System

Options
  • 05-07-2016 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just purchased my first home.

I really don't have any idea about security systems.

I have been googling around and after reading a few of the security firms websites, i'm drifting towards these guys.

http://www.securigard.ie/

Can anyone let me know if you have an expierence with them and if they found them any good?

Also if anyone can recommend any other security firms the found excellent.

I'm thinking of going with a monitored system.

My new house is in Dublin 24.

Any recommendations would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

My advice as always is get about 3 quotes & compare like with like.
    Insist on a site visit for a proper survey. After that you must get a system design proposal/quotation in writing.
    As a minimum on protection insist on inertia sensors and contacts on all accessible windows/doors & at least one or 2 internal PiRs.
    If you are going for monitoring or self monitoring get all pricing in writing.
    While most self monitoring options are free once set up ,some companies like to charge.
    After that come back to us here for advice on what you got offered & we'll give you opinions & advice on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Terrlock wrote: »
    Hi,

I just purchased my first home.

I really don't have any idea about security systems.

I have been googling around and after reading a few of the security firms websites, i'm drifting towards these guys.

http://www.securigard.ie/

Can anyone let me know if you have an expierence with them and if they found them any good?

Also if anyone can recommend any other security firms the found excellent.

I'm thinking of going with a monitored system.

My new house is in Dublin 24.

Any recommendations would be great.

From his site he is not interested in perimeter protection.
    Curtain and internal motion detectors is not the route Id be going but each to their own.
    Most use PIRs as just a back up to perimeter protection.
    An intruder is basically inside your home before the alarm will activate.

Id also recommend getting a few quotes and compare what you are getting before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

We've a similar situation FTB. Has anyone any recommendations for a security company? House is already wired for an alarm system. I was thinking about the €400/€500 mark for a self monitoring system. Please drop a pm. In the north cork area too. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Santy2015 wrote: »
    We've a similar situation FTB. Has anyone any recommendations for a security company? House is already wired for an alarm system. I was thinking about the €400/€500 mark for a self monitoring system. Please drop a pm. In the north cork area too. Thanks

One of the lads on here Kub works down your way.
    Drop him a P.M. and im sure he will look after you.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    One of the lads on here Kub works down your way.
    Drop him a P.M. and im sure he will look after you.

Perfect thanks :)

Thats the same company that I Pmed you.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thats the same company that I Pmed you.

I've pm him thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PaulnLaura

Hi guys, Will be getting into new house next month and looking for alarm system. 4 bed semi d house all prewired. Self monitoring system with no monthly payments. Found few companies online, but most of them offer monitored alarm. Would be great if someone could pm some recommendations. Thanks

Where are you located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 PaulnLaura

South Dublin

Shop around the sticky or the psa register for installers there's plenty who will be able to look after you.

Advertisement