Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scratched screen repair.

Options
  • 05-07-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

I have a scratch across one of my devices screen. Its the outer clear plastic cover, not the screen itself.

Its horizontal across a vertically emphasised screen.

Would fine sandpaper work? Or would it need to be wet. Wet is a no no considering the screen. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

If it's plastic then polywatch might do the job

Polywatch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Ionised wrote: »
    If it's plastic then polywatch might do the job

Polywatch

Thanks for that, have you used it before?

I can only guess its plastic, not glass. Polywatch says it is for 'plastic glass', what in the world is that :pac:

I have used it on plastic watch crystals to good effect. I assume that is what they mean by plastic glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Ionised wrote: »
    I have used it on plastic watch crystals to good effect. I assume that is what they mean by plastic glass.

Thanks, it gives me a bit more confidence than using wet sandpaper anyway.

Do you think I could use it on the end of an cotton ear bud? Space will be limited, I don't want to risk damaging the paintwork.

I'm considering selling the device, so the scratch is a bit of a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Cheap toothpaste works for taking tiny scratches out - I revived a phone camera with that before.

• Advertisement

moleyv wrote:
    Do you think I could use it on the end of an cotton ear bud? Space will be limited, I don't want to risk damaging the paintwork.

That's what I used and it gave good accuracy

Advertisement