Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Christianity Section

Options
  • 05-07-2016 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭

Hello,

A few moments ago, I received a message from bluewolf informing me that I have been banned from the Christianity section of this site for 6 months.

The message I received from bleuwolf states the following :
    Dear hinault,

You have been banned from Christianity for six months for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

bluewolf

Moderator Note

You were asked to change your posting style. Instead you have had repeated on thread arguments against mod instruction and no changes appear to have been made to abrasive posting style.

I have asked Bluewolf to identify for me where I received a warning about my "abrasive posting style".

I'd also like to know having received a warning about my "abrasive posting style" where I ignored the request concerning my posting style?

Separately yesterday I reported the content of the post made by "moderator" Delirium/SW yesterday to the same section of the Christianity site.

I requested a reply when I reported the post. I did not receive a reply when I reported the post.
    Today, I receive a ban for six months.

Hinault.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This process stipulates that that you attempt to resolve your dispute with the mod. Please do so. If it cannot be resolved, then come back here & your appeal will be dealt with then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

This process stipulates that that you attempt to resolve your dispute with the mod. Please do so. If it cannot be resolved, then come back here & your appeal will be dealt with then.

The process has been adhered to.

I PM'd Bluewolf earlier.

I did not receive a reply.

You were only banned at 21:13. If you do not hear back from the mod in 24 hours - let me know.

Our mods are volunteers & have real lives outside boards. You'll need to just wait a bit. :)

You were only banned at 21:13. If you do not hear back from the mod in 24 hours - let me know.

Our mods are volunteers & have real lives outside boards. You'll need to just wait a bit. :)

I intend to.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Do you still need this reviewed?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi Hinault,

It's been a fortnight since you last posted on this thread. If you wish to continue with your ban appeal, please advise us within the next 24 hours, otherwise I will request that this thread be closed off.

Thanks.

Toots wrote: »
    Do you still need this reviewed?

Yes.

OK.

I've looked this over and I'm not lifting the ban. The last time I spoke to you in the DRP (here) I warned you that you need to adjust your posting style, otherwise you'd end up banned again. You don't seem to have taken that advice on board at all.

The previous time you were banned from Christianity was because of your comments on abortion, and the same topic is involved this time. I get that this is obviously something you feel very strongly about, however if you're engaging in a discussion about it, you must actually contribute something other than repeating the same thing over and over. That's soap boxing and thread hogging, and that's against the site rules. Having read through a lot of your posts on the Can A Catholic Support Abortion thread, I'd you're in breach of this part of the forum charter:
    3. Bigotry, crude generalisations and unreasonable antagonism will not be tolerated. This rule encompasses all intolerance towards creeds, beliefs, lifestyles or opinions that differ from one's own.

You're staunchly anti-abortion, you've made that abundantly clear. Others, however, aren't. And they're entitled to discuss that on the thread without being called murderers, despicable, etc. The tone of a lot of your posts is quite goading, and I'd put it to you that you're aware of that (Referring to women as "mothers" in the context of abortion, telling people that they're going on your ignore list, etc.)

Then we've got the arguing with the mods on-thread bit again. You know it's not allowed, you know it's against site and forum rules, I specifically told you to stop in your last DRP, but you're at it again. The mods on this site are volunteers, your conduct on the forum already creates enough work for them, without having to deal with you arguing the mod instructions on thread.

So as far as I'm concerned, your ban stands. Honestly, I strongly considered upgrading your ban to permanent, because I don't think you're going to change when the ban is up.

No response from the OP in 4 weeks. Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement