Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault light flashing - HKC

Options
  • 05-07-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi

A fault light (orange) is flashing on my HKC control panel. Also, a red light is flashing against the "alarm". Is there anything I can do to try reset this myself before calling somebody out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kifi wrote: »
    Hi

A fault light (orange) is flashing on my HKC control panel. Also, a red light is flashing against the "alarm". Is there anything I can do to try reset this myself before calling somebody out?

Thanks

Have you got the user code?
    If so enter it on the keypad and the keypad should display the fault.

If you dont you would need to do a default of the system and reprogram it.

Power down, mains and battery.
    Remove JP1 link and power back up on battery.
    Go to the keypad and you should be prompted to default.
    If it says engineer locked you will need an installer to do it for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi

Thanks

The red light flashing may indicate the system has been part set. Has this always been like this or has this indication just started? Does the alarm sound if you open any zones?
    It sounds like there may be other problems if its been like this a while without any audible indications.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

Thanks guys. Just noticed today when I tried to set it. By user code, is this different from the code used to unset the alarm?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks guys. Just noticed today when I tried to set it. By user code, is this different from the code used to unset the alarm?
    No its the same.
    Press zero before you enter it just in case any other keys were pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

Thanks guys. Its now 4 30 am on my my mains powered smoke alarm has gone off! So, checked here and went down to the panel l. Once I entered the code of showed that there was a mains fault. That must be it so.

Will get an electrician, but in the meantime, do you have any ideas about what might be happening in the electrical circuit? Tks again

• Advertisement

Are any of the trip switches down?
    It could also be the mains fuse in the panel or the power supply in the panel.
    Are any other electrics affected?
    Any lights not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks guys. Its now 4 30 am on my my mains powered smoke alarm has gone off! So, checked here and went down to the panel l. Once I entered the code of showed that there was a mains fault. That must be it so.

Will get an electrician, but in the meantime, do you have any ideas about what might be happening in the electrical circuit? Tks again

You could be second guessing yourself with anything electric.
    My advise would be to have an electrician have a look at it.

The alarm itself will indicate the mains fault which is what it is meant to do.

Advertisement