Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Caught a seel in my bathroom got me the last candies I needed for Dewgong. Gotta get some of those pikachu later today. Did anyone hatch a baby Pokemon from old eggs yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

10km egg I got yesterday about an hour before the announcement hatched a Magmar :(
    I'm determined to get all these baby feckers by the end of the week. Hopefully I can get a Togepi soon so I can use it as a buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I had 9 5km eggs since before the announcement. 1 hatched last night (nothing new) and 8 hatched today (also nothing new).

I wonder what the chance of hatching a new Pokemon is in these eggs? I don't need a new Pokemon... but I mean, come on... I feel like I need one of these new Pokemon!! :pac:

Also, here's the latest list I could find of what new baby 'mon come in eggs and the candies required to evolve.

9mvSeia.png

matrim wrote: »
    There seems to be load so of Pichacu with hats around. I'm already up to about 6. Which is good if you didn't have a Rachiu.
    I didn't even have a Pikachu so I love it! Got two already. :)

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I had 9 5km eggs since before the announcement. 1 hatched last night (nothing new) and 8 hatched today (also nothing new).

I wonder what the chance of hatching a new Pokemon is in these eggs? I don't need a new Pokemon... but I mean, come on... I feel like I need one of these new Pokemon!! :pac:

Well I'm 1/1 on the 2km egg for new Pokemon :) but 0/4 on 5km eggs. Hopefully if the rain stays away I can get in a good few km later and some new Pokemon

AMGer wrote: »
    Well I'm 1/1 on the 2km egg for new Pokemon :) but 0/4 on 5km eggs. Hopefully if the rain stays away I can get in a good few km later and some new Pokemon

Congrats on the 1st new hatch! ;)

I'll have 9 eggs again shortly (currently 2km(x2), 5km(x5)) and will be walking 5km today to see what I get rain or not.

I do wonder though, are we going to get any candy bonus? I increased my Pokemon and bag storage to accommodate the update but I'm going to be hitting my limit soon, as I keep catching everything in sight hoping to get in another lucky egg run once the candy bonus kicks in. I mean, nobody mentioned a candy bonus but isn't it a given at this stage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Just got the 'am i a robot' box :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

How can baby monster be in a 5k egg and the older version be in a 2k egg how doe's that make sense.

JamboMac wrote: »
    How can baby monster be in a 5k egg and the older version be in a 2k egg how doe's that make sense.

Don't question it as 5kms seem to be the most ubiquitous eggs available!! haha

Seriously though, it is odd. They'll probably change it after the event is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Congrats on the 1st new hatch! ;)

I'll have 9 eggs again shortly (currently 2km(x2), 5km(x5)) and will be walking 5km today to see what I get rain or not.

I do wonder though, are we going to get any candy bonus? I increased my Pokemon and bag storage to accommodate the update but I'm going to be hitting my limit soon, as I keep catching everything in sight hoping to get in another lucky egg run once the candy bonus kicks in. I mean, nobody mentioned a candy bonus but isn't it a given at this stage?!

I really, really hope so. I need this for bulbasaur, machop and magikarp evolves and I'll be really fed up if I can't evolve them.

I really, really hope so. I need this for bulbasaur, machop and magikarp evolves and I'll be really fed up if I can't evolve them.

I hear you on the evolves. I've been saving up lots of 'mon in anticipation for a candy bonus, e.g. Dratini, as I've still 7 evolves left before I complete the Gen. 1 'dex (excl. regional and legendaries).

Let's hope Niantic are in a giving mood this Christmas and New Year and we get a candy bonus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Just hatched my first baby :)

Had loads of coins built up from gyms and I hadn't bought incubators for ages, so got a few this morning. Have 4 incubators on the go and it was only on the third use that I got this guy.

Hatched a load of rubbish all morning and was getting very annoyed. Also only managed to get one Santachu with a whopping 10cp. Have 3x 10kms eggs incubating at the minute (a first for me), so I (foolishly) have high hopes for hatching these tomorrow :D

The teaser last week did say more in game events (plural) for Xmas so I'd be surprised if there's nothing else.

The other events ran Wed-Wed so maybe Dec 21st-28th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The teaser last week did say more in game events (plural) for Xmas so I'd be surprised if there's nothing else.

I've a load of stuff to evolve, I'm holding off in case there's something good over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

And then a new years event from the 28th to the 4th ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Don't question it as 5kms seem to be the most ubiquitous eggs available!! haha

Seriously though, it is odd. They'll probably change it after the event is over.
    What event are we talking about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I see in the pgnexus website that all the gen 2 pokemon are in their pokedex, bleedin' loads of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

The wishful thinking type!

• Advertisement

Picked up a full compliment of eggs on my way home including two 10km eggs. If it's another Pinsir and Onix and not a baby Pokemon there may be murder committed :) I intend to walk them off this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

My only thought on polluting 10kms with more useless stuff is: great! even less chance to get something decent! -_-
    These baby stuff should be in 2 or 5, its babies for beejaysus sake not proper battle ready mons!

Shiranui wrote: »
    My only thought on polluting 10kms with more useless stuff is: great! even less chance to get something decent! -_-
    These baby stuff should be in 2 or 5, its babies for beejaysus sake not proper battle ready mons!
    I would imagine they are for the most part going to replace their evolutions, only Pichu does not (supposedly) hatch from the same egg category as it's evolution.

Also I know several people who would much prefer to hatch a baby over a "battle ready Pokemon". Until I hatch them all I'm one of them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I cleared three spaces in my bag for eggs today and then got two more 5k eggs from stops. Only problem is, I don't know which ones are new! My two 10k eggs are still nestled in the top right corner with all the 5k eggs after. I might hold off a little before wasting my two new incubators (two uses each left) to see if there'll be a double candy event.

I only had one pikachu so I'm happy to be getting more now

I don't know ie which are new an which are old now either as only have 5k eggs. Only need a Tangela now as can walk the others so don't mind 5s too much. Would happily take a Tangela over a baby for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

No sign of a christmas hat pikachu all day, but one trip into Cork City and they are all over the place.

Update done for me :), will be a long time clearing my current 9 eggs to get a hope at getting one of the new babies,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Spent the whole day walking.
    3 caterpie, 1 weedle, 2 eevees and 3 drowzees from eggs.......
    not impressed :(

alf66 wrote: »
    Spent the whole day walking.
    3 caterpie, 1 weedle, 2 eevees and 3 drowzees from eggs.......
    not impressed :(

It's going to be a lot harder then I thought. After getting Cleffa from the first 2km egg last night I have today hatched four more 2km eggs, twenty 5km eggs and two 10km eggs - nothing, not a sniff of a baby Pokémon :(

Caught two hatted Pikachus today! Happy I found them, considering how long it took me to get Ditto when it got released. Shame they're a bugger to catch though; orange circle even with an Ultra ball and a Razz berry. Now that I have two of 'em I'd rather see regular Pikachus that are easier to catch.
    Picked up a full compliment of eggs on my way home including two 10km eggs. If it's another Pinsir and Onix and not a baby Pokemon there may be murder committed :) I intend to walk them off this afternoon.

I don't have either Pinsir or Onix yet, I'd love one of them to pop out of an egg. :( Though I haven't had a 10 km egg (or even a 2 km one, for that matter) in ages - it's all been 5 km eggs and they've mostly had a Paras or a Psyduck. >__<; I wish there was some way of tossing eggs like you can toss regular items.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

God dammit I can't seem to fix this phone. Going round in circles trying to find the files I need.

I want a peek hat shoe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

God dammit I can't seem to fix this phone. Going round in circles trying to find the files I need.

I want a peek hat shoe!

You need to buy yourself a Christmas prezzie of a nice new PoGo-capable phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

No Santa pikachu for me yet or new baby Pokémon!

Caught two hatted Pikachus today! Happy I found them, considering how long it took me to get Ditto when it got released. Shame they're a bugger to catch though; orange circle even with an Ultra ball and a Razz berry. Now that I have two of 'em I'd rather see regular Pikachus that are easier to catch.
    Regular Pikachus are just as hard to catch as Santa Hat Pikachus... There's no difference between their catch rate.

Anyone else find the game is silly slow? Ridiculous delays trying to do a lucky egg mass evolve. Only managed 60 before egg ran out and each one seemed to lag. So frustrating as have tons more to evolve but such a waste without an egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I've hatched six two K and seven five K eggs since this mornings nine hatches on the way to work, no baby yet! Stupid game! Ya would think that your first egg after the announcement would at least give you one baby

It's going to be a lot harder then I thought. After getting Cleffa from the first 2km egg last night I have today hatched four more 2km eggs, twenty 5km eggs and two 10km eggs - nothing, not a sniff of a baby Pokémon :(

Definitely harder than I expected. Between the two accounts here, we hatched over 40 eggs today (1x 10km, 12x 2km, the rest 5km), and have one Igglybuff from it all. I'm exhausted from walking too, so I'm extra grumpy about it :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Eggs and incubators are the biggest con in the game. Once you get beyond a hundred in the dex, the ratio of a useful hatch vs a bad one must be 20 to 1 based on anecdotal experience. The new batch will temporarily reduce that, but will have a long term increase.

hdl wrote: »
    Definitely harder than I expected. Between the two accounts here, we hatched over 40 eggs today (1x 10km, 12x 2km, the rest 5km), and have one Igglybuff from it all. I'm exhausted from walking too, so I'm extra grumpy about it :p

I did 13km in the wet this afternoon, so definitely not best pleased.

Btw - have you seen a user in gyms called Teemobuddy? Assumed he was banned for spoofing/bottling a month or two ago but seems to be back the last week or so. He was level 36 back in early September :)

I did 13km in the wet this afternoon, so definitely not best pleased.

Btw - have you seen a user in gyms called Teemobuddy? Assumed he was banned for spoofing/bottling a month or two ago but seems to be back the last week or so. He was level 36 back in early September :)

Did 16km today in a combination of wet and damp. Weather was mostly ok in terms of the phone staying dry though so I can't complain about that (I'll save my complaining for the lack of baby pokemon :)) Didn't mind doing the walking as I know I won't get out much for the next two days, so it was disappointing to get so little.

Yep, there was another one too, Teemofinder. One was level 30 and one was 36, always in gyms together! I saw one of them back today, saw him in Edmund Rice after lunch time, and somewhere on the Dunmore Rd this evening. Musn't have been banned or the account would surely have gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Santa hatted pikachu finally gets me my 3 pikachu medal

• Advertisement

Those of you who had Pikachu before this... do your existing Pikachu have Santa hats now too?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Karsini wrote: »
    Those of you who had Pikachu before this... do your existing Pikachu have Santa hats now too?

Nope, both exist side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

after collecting 4 pikachu with santa hats in the last 24 hrs, 3 from my apt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Shiranui wrote: »
    I would imagine they are for the most part going to replace their evolutions, only Pichu does not (supposedly) hatch from the same egg category as it's evolution.

Also I know several people who would much prefer to hatch a baby over a "battle ready Pokemon". Until I hatch them all I'm one of them too.
    Really? Baby Jynx over Lapras or Snorlax 0_0 ? 
    Whats the purpose of these baby mons anyway? 

Make special eggs for babies or downgrade them 1 lvl (10km adult -> 5km for baby) would make sense to me.

Just got this guy from my 3rd 10km egg (after Scyther and Pinsir)! :)

Awesome!! :D I hope to be posting a similar picture from my 2km or 5km hatches later ;)

By the way, did you end up holding off on increasing your Pokemon storage?

Sweet. Have hatched a bundle and nothing new yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Another six hatched this morning, nowt new nor noteworthy, although I did get a ten K egg for the first time in an age, smell of a magmar off it!

Hatched my 3rd 10km this morning, Scyther :(

For everyone complaining about the 10km eggs - as the babies are now the first stage evolution theyll have replaced Magmar, Jynx and Electabuzz. Same with Clefairy and Jigglepuff in 2km. The only exception to the 'not having an evolved form in an egg' rule now is Pikachu.

• Advertisement

Hatched 4 x 10km in the past few days, all 4 of which I picked up in Lanzarote.

Magmar
    Scyther
    Omanyte (which were like rattata over there)
    Scyther

All I want is Snorlax candies :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement