Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

AMGer wrote: »
    Hatched another Cleffa but 10km gave me Lapras :( Did pick up another 10km though

Ugh, not another bloody Lapras...

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Hatched another Cleffa but 10km gave me Lapras :( Did pick up another 10km though
    How is that a bad thing? 0_0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

In fairness, Lapras are just the worst!
    Almost as annoying as hatching a bloody Snorlax.

Give me a Pinsir or a Nikki Minaj any day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Diemos wrote: »

Luckily NOW you have a chance to hatch a teeny-bopper version of Nikki Minaj instead of them useless laprases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Shiranui wrote: »
    How is that a bad thing? 0_0

I wanted a Magby, Elekid or Smoochum :(
    I already have three Lapras and this one has Frost Breath & Dragon Pulse, so not good. I will begrudgingly accept the 25 candy it came with though :)

hdl wrote: »
    I'm not finding many 2kms either, and what I am getting are all Spearows.

Im finding the 2km hard to come by aswell, had nearly as many 10kms as 2kms the last few days. Got another 10km on the way home, so that's two more on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Hallelujah! It's no baby Pokemon, but can't believe I finally hatched him!! :D

Had two 5km eggs hatch with this one (Rhyhorn and Sandshrew) and as there are no pokestops near my house I now have 3 empty egg spaces. I'm not spinning any more stops until I get to the centre of town - that's where I've been picking up the 10kms.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Only 5 2km eggs in 3 days, I shouldn't have thought it possible!

Tracked a pikachu with my son only for the avatar to GpS drift away and the mon to despawn straight after.

Kabuto is in Stephen's Green (the Park, I mean). Had only ever seen them in shadows before today, but I caught four of 'em on my lunch break! :D

Seems Togepi is 5km per candy if you use it as a buddy. Bit cheeky by Niantic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

Marlay seems to be ekans and/ or psyduck and st Endas is pikachus. Loads of them!

Myself and my smallest are heading into town on the Luas purely to catch kabutos tomorrow! He's really excited and so am I! Anyone able to confirm the growlithe sighting in/ near Trinity college? We could make it down there if there was a chance but it'll be slow and painful so would like a good chance of making it worthwhile.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Well, the game seems to have gotten even more resource hungry in the last while so it was literally unplayable, even before I drop kicked the phone over a tree into traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Bar the babies, snorlax is the only hatch I don't have!
    I'm sick to death of the game now, I've hatched at least another twenty five eggs today and no baby and a fooking lapras from my ten K!
    So I'd say I've hatched about sixty eggs at least since the babies went live, and not a bloody sniff!
    Seriously considering deleting the game now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

In contrast I don't particularly care about the babies. I just want the last 8 of the original dex.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

I'm in the same boat as you alchemist. Just want to get the last few of the 'old' ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very few great balls from pokestops today, damn phone runs out of juice so fast too.

Got two Clefairy within about 30 seconds of each other at Swords Castle this evening. I didn't even have one before that. Also evolved a Gloom into a Vileplume and am 3 candies away from evolving Pikachu. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

was out doing bit of Christmas shopping this evening, pogo going all the time, and when i checked it, low and behold...

Togepi!

:D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Very few great balls from pokestops today, damn phone runs out of juice so fast too.

I've noticed that too, it's become insanely hard on the battery lately. If I'm going walking I usually bring 2 or 3 of those little recharger packs with me, and even then the phone is draining faster than they can charge it.

I think what will have to happen going forward is either

A) drag a petrol generator with me wherever I go or
    B) stay at home and find some way to spoof while the phone is plugged in at the mains :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jmcco04

Eirebull wrote: »
    Marlay seems to be ekans and/ or psyduck and st Endas is pikachus. Loads of them!

Myself and my smallest are heading into town on the Luas purely to catch kabutos tomorrow! He's really excited and so am I! Anyone able to confirm the growlithe sighting in/ near Trinity college? We could make it down there if there was a chance but it'll be slow and painful so would like a good chance of making it worthwhile.

I think silph road had it listed as a pinsir spot before growlithe and we popped in on the way home one day to see if it would come up on the sightings but it didnt...trinity has lots of stops and we literally only walked into the square. I passed by the front today twice and seen nothing on the sightings but i had growlithes near me up until the move and they would pop up once an hour-ish, it be worth a walk down and then if you are gettin the green line you could do a 2nd lap of the green and the kabutos should spawn again by the time u get back up to the green line

Just hatched a 100% IV Slowpoke - 5km eggs aren't all trash it seems :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

9 brand new 5ks hatched. Nothing good :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Seems you can't collect on more than 10 gyms. Went bananas the last few days building some up. In 12 currently. Never even been near that before. And now I can't collect from all them?? Hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

dbagman wrote: »
    Seems you can't collect on more than 10 gyms. Went bananas the last few days building some up. In 12 currently. Never even been near that before. And now I can't collect from all them?? Hmmmmm

it's always been limited to 10 for collecting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Reati wrote:
    it's always been limited to 10 for collecting.

Iv never been in that many before so never knew. Hopefully can stay in them for a few days. Rebuild potions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Seems Togepi is 5km per candy if you use it as a buddy. Bit cheeky by Niantic
    As in 5km egg hatch but same walking distance as a 10km hatch? Feckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

In case anyone is interested, this is what a 100% iv Big jellyfish lad looks like when you're lv 34!

15555846_10209652124632705_973194608_n.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Are there still Ditto around the place? I never caught one. I'm raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

not sure haven't caught in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Gf caught one disguised as a rattata a day ago so would say they're still around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Yeah, caught one yesterday from a Pidgey. I had to catch a lot of vermin to get him though...

Caught my 2nd ever one this morning disguised as a Rattata.

Yep, plenty still around. I've been catching all sorts of vermin (building up for a lucky egg), and have been catching them fairly regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Dublinlad1989

Still lots of Ditto around caught two yesterday ob the red line luas and one today in tallaght, going to buy a few incubators tomorrow and start working my way through some eggs!

I'm up to 18 Ditto now. So, yeah, still around. Did catch an 84% IV one aswell.

I never knew the 10 gym limit thing either, not something I've ever experienced as an Instinct member :)
    I did manage 8 once.
    Just caught a 93% IV Mr Mime aswell, I think thats the best wild Pokemon I've ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minikelvin

Any specific times? I'm just up the road and need a few more to evolve!

Seem to be appearing anytime I go down to it. I caught 2 there this morning around 8ish and a few around lunchtime yesterday. Got enough for an Omaster and caught a Pinsir this morning too so up to 129 now :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Stephens Green now appears to be a Kabuto nest. Caught 5 there yesterday.

Can any1 confirm if Kabuto is still showing up in stephens green today? up to 129 now but still need some clefairy, bulbasaur, charmander, geodude, vulpix, kabuto, sanshrew, machop, grimer and exeggcute candy. So any of the above nests in Dublin 2 area would be great to know about

The green is a kabuto nest, be there for another 2 weeks or so.

minikelvin wrote: »
    ............... So any of the above nests in Dublin 2 area would be great to know about
    Thats a pretty tight restriction you have placed on yourself. Have a gander at the silph road nest atlas and see what nests/spawn locations are noted elsewhere in Dublin city. Might be worth taking a detour.
    Although over the last 2 days walking through the city havent seen any of those pokemon apart from the rabble of kabuto loitering in Stephens Green!

• Advertisement

If it helps, Merrion Square seems to be a mega awesome Psyduck nest. #livingthedream #justwhatineedanotherbloodygolduck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

If it helps, Merrion Square seems to be a mega awesome Psyduck nest. #livingthedream #justwhatineedanotherbloodygolduck

Was surrounded by them this morning !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

37 eggs hatched since the update and still only 3 of the new ones , still have't gotten anything out of a 5k egg, 3 Paras in a row this morning .... there better be more coming with this Christmas thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dealz have a 1200mAh power bank for €1.50 might power a phone 5%. My Golduck is still called Psyduck after leveling up, he's a freak.

Anyone on here hatch a Togepi yet?

Hatched a Cleffa on my daughter's account, and a second Pichu on each account here, still no Togepi. Also just hatched another Scyther from my 10km :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭MeheeHohee

Anyone playing in the Munster Area? I'm only missing Charmander, Machamp Omastar and Kabutops.

Anyone know of any nests after the new migration?

MeheeHohee wrote: »
    Anyone playing in the Munster Area? I'm only missing Charmander, Machamp Omastar and Kabutops.

Anyone know of any nests after the new migration?

Silph Road atlas has a number of sightings in Cork and Limerick, https://thesilphroad.com/atlas

How do you join the sylph road? I was going to confirm a nest but when I get to the point that it asks me to place a marker for the area I'm in, it doesn't seem to register it so it keeps asking me

• Advertisement

create a reddit account(if you don't have one), and use that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement