Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Candies sorted for the next year :pac:

404116.png

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Candies sorted for the next year :pac:

404116.png

Good god, I thought my five hundred was excessive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Is a magmar worth powering up? Just caught a 1400cp one with pretty much it's best moveset and ivs of 97%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Picked up four more 10km eggs between last night and this morning, first one was Dratini, but the second hatched this little fella :)

Also, spawns definitely increased. Caught three Bulbasaur in the space of an hour (usually catch one a month!), two Scythers and a Snorlax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

As you level up you'll encounter higher and higher CP 'mons. Jynx got buffed recently too so her potential shot up.

I caught a 2017cp Jynx a while ago, with both ice moves, brilliant dragon counter, She's actually very strong, well worth using if you have a strong one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

dbagman wrote: »
    Is a magmar worth powering up? Just caught a 1400cp one with pretty much it's best moveset and ivs of 97%

not in this watery nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

First 10k egg in months and it was an omanyte which is just perfect for us as still needing to evolve one. We also got a growlithe from a 5k egg (and 21 candies) -'d all the kabutos anyone could need in town so doing well all of a sudden! So wish they'd let us know if there is a Christmas event or not as finger is itching for another lucky egg run.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

I have a few days away from the family.
    Is there a Pokemon mekka anywhere in Dublin?
    Like what is the best place at the moment where I could hope to luck out on a Lapras, get a few Dratinis?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Shiranui wrote: »
    I have a few days away from the family.
    Is there a Pokemon mekka anywhere in Dublin?
    Like what is the best place at the moment where I could hope to luck out on a Lapras, get a few Dratinis?

I got 6 omanytes at the fairview Park nest, then got four dratini along the Clontarf Road in the space of an hour today.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    I got 6 omanytes at the fairview Park nest, then got four dratini along the Clontarf Road in the space of an hour today.

Thanks man.
    Looks likes Bull Island area is still where its at.

The very next 10km egg came good aswell :)
    Hatched another after and got Lapras (bad move set again), have one more incubating for tomorrow

Niantic really don't want me getting Togepi. Think I've hatched near seventy 5km eggs this week and no sign of it :(

Caught four Bulbasaur in total today, can't believe I got so lucky with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

Porygon in Trinity there, outside the BLU library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

See Abra and Vulpix spawning regularly during the week in Musgrave Park in Belfast. Go there today with the specific aim of stocking up on both, and all I get for my troubles is 10 million pidgeys. Not a single Abra or Vulpix. Also hatched another Lapras from a 10k egg. I am losing the will to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

AMGer wrote: »
    Niantic really don't want me getting Togepi. Think I've hatched near seventy 5km eggs this week and no sign of it :(

I feel your pain. Between two accounts here we hatched over 100 eggs this week and no Togepi. Just hatched the 6th Pichu though :(

hdl wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Between two accounts here we hatched over 100 eggs this week and no Togepi. Just hatched the 6th Pichu though :(

I've only had the two Pichus from near 70 5km eggs. A few Exeggecute and Growlithe, and the one Porygon, the rest was the usual rubbish.
    I know of at least one person in Waterford that did hatch a Togepi, so there is hope for us! :)
    Really hope this 10km egg I have throws out a Magby tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Well alls iv managed is the solitary igglybuff or whatever it's called. Mind you since it was announced iv had nothing but 5ks. Picked up only my second 2k today since so hopefully something different. Not a sniff of a 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

First time poster , got a 428cp ditto today , disguised as rattata ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

First time poster , got a 428cp ditto today , disguised as rattata ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Welcome and congrats on the catch!! :D

I've only had the two Pichus from near 70 5km eggs. A few Exeggecute and Growlithe, and the one Porygon, the rest was the usual rubbish.
    I know of at least one person in Waterford that did hatch a Togepi, so there is hope for us! :)
    Really hope this 10km egg I have throws out a Magby tomorrow.

Same here, a couple of decent hatches, but mostly rubbish. Over the course of the week I hatched a Dratini and a Tangela on my daughter's account. Then on my own I hatched Lickitung, a Chansey and a Charmander. Also got two Machops and two Exeggcutes which enabled me to evolve another of each (although didn't get the best moves with either), a 100iv Growlithe (again, didn't get the best moves when I evolved), and of course, the highlight of my week of hatching, my 94iv Lapras :D

Currently only have one 2km and the rest 5km. Going to stop spinning pokestops as they start hatching and then go out and fill up all the egg spaces at once, in the hopes of picking up at least one 10km!

Productive loop of the local park today - Magby & Smoochum.

Now to stick 'em in gyms somewhere...

• Advertisement

Anyone else's meteor mobile network down today ? It's Driving me mad , it's been down since about 6pm

Anyone else's meteor mobile network down today ? It's Driving me mad , it's been down since about 6pm

Not just you: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057683247

its having a negative impact on my eggs lol , hope it's back up by tomorrow

What iv calculator is everyone using? Iv been using the Silph road one but not sure how accurate it is

What iv calculator is everyone using? Iv been using the Silph road one but not jsure how accurate it is

I like Pokemon Go Info, has a great move set layout for each Pokémon aswell

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io

its having a negative impact on my eggs lol , hope it's back up by tomorrow

What iv calculator is everyone using? Iv been using the Silph road one but not sure how accurate it is

I use GoIV on Android.

Wish they'd just stop with the eggs and release something into the wild. I'm sick of walking in the rain and hatching rubbish :p

Boards wouldn't let me post the pic (file too big), but Niantic just teased something else hatching from an egg, check Facebook/twitter - Tyrogue maybe?

Boards wouldn't let me post the pic (file too big), but Niantic just teased something else hatching from an egg, check Facebook/twitter - Tyrogue maybe?

Interesting...! Maybe it is Tyrogue? Better start hatching them eggs even more so! ;)

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Interesting...! Maybe it is Tyrogue? Better start hatching them eggs even more so! ;)

My legs are falling off :) Walked 38km the last two days, hatched 70 5km eggs this week and still can't get a Togepi. I think they're trying to kill me !

• Advertisement

My legs are falling off :) Walked 38km the last two days, hatched 70 5km eggs this week and still can't get a Togepi. I think they're trying to kill me !

Not gonna lie..... My heart bleeds for you...... I've hatched almost the same amount of eggs and not one little sh*t from the eggs! Not one!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Absolutely freaked out. Somehow the game mis-clicked my X to return to the main menu and actually purchased 8 incense modules. I did it again with screen record and you can see the X click being registered, but it actually tries to make a purchase. I've registered a support ticket, but from looking at similar experience online, they have had zero luck in getting it sorted. All those hard earned coins, now worthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Not gonna lie..... My heart bleeds for you...... I've hatched almost the same amount of eggs and not one little sh*t from the eggs! Not one!

Which one's the little sh*t? Crapichu?

And oof, delly. Incense is so useless really. I feel for you.

Which one's the little sh*t? Crapichu?

And oof, delly. Incense is so useless really. I feel for you.

I'm now defining every baby as a little sh*t, as I have zero of them from at least sixty eggs!

If you want to see some babies in your 'dex, come 'round my way...

Magby and Smoochum in these two gyms :) Both hatched today - the only ones I have so far.

404193.png

Magby and Smoochum in these two gyms :) Both hatched today - the only ones I have so far.

404193.png

Thats just cruel :-) hahaha

Haha They probably are! I haven't walked nearly that amount. I take it you use an app to track your distance? I should start that actually as it would make for an interesting stat for me to keep track of.

404193.png

Sound's a bit wrong gonna nabla on here.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Sound's a bit wrong gonna nabla on here.

Try again in English.

• Advertisement

Try again in English.

It's a south park reference Nambla, ok i did say nabla but it has been a while.

I memba

Ahem, this is the EU chapter, not NA :rolleyes:

They terk er coins.

They terk er coins.

I'm incensed.

Sorry.

Absolutely freaked out. Somehow the game mis-clicked my X to return to the main menu and actually purchased 8 incense modules. I did it again with screen record and you can see the X click being registered, but it actually tries to make a purchase. I've registered a support ticket, but from looking at similar experience online, they have had zero luck in getting it sorted. All those hard earned coins, now worthless.

Oh $hit man ! :( this sucks.

Maybe the screen was wet?

I remember once after finishing my gym run on a rainy day, I had the phone in my raincoat.
    Game managed to go to the shop by itself and purchase an incence... Since then I am using a Touchblocker ...

• Advertisement

Oh the level of disappointment is unequalled - when you're praying for a Magby to hatch and out pops an Onix :(

With these increased spawns, has anyone seen anything pop-up unexpectedly amongst the vermin? I ask as I was walking around my neighbourhood and all of a sudden 4 'mon appear; Kedabra and 3 standard 'mons. Kedabra's not local to my area and his appearance may be unrelated to the increased spawns but I thought I'd ask out of interest.

Spawn%20rate%20increase._zpslexyrter.jpg

I had a random Lapras spawn on me this morning! Wasn't on the Nearby, couple of rats spawned at the same time

I had a random Lapras spawn on me this morning! Wasn't on the Nearby, couple of rats spawned at the same time

Jesus! I hope you managed to catch it. Then again, don't you have at least 4 at this stage...? lol

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Jesus! I hope you managed to catch it. Then again, don't you have at least 4 at this stage...? lol

I did catch it, but it was only 860 CP. That's the 6th Lapras I've had, four from eggs, second wild catch

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement