Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

AMGer wrote: »
    I did catch it, but it was only 860 CP. That's the 6th Lapras I've had, four from eggs, second wild catch

Congrats though all the same; they're rare as anything! I've managed to catch one in the wild so its CP is <2000 CP. I hope to hatch one eventually but we'll see.

Anyway, I'm off on a walking and catching spree so I'll let you guys know if I come across anything interesting in my travels! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

Have I missed any sneak references or hints about a Christmas event? I'm 68k from level 30 and have more than enough to lucky egg it but was waiting for some hint/ suggestion or whether it is worth waiting. I've three (charizard, manchamp, Muk) new ones to add TJ the pokedex too so very impatient! We still have four to go (Bloody Tangela, Omastar (quite close), Dragobite and Arcanine (close)) but getting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Random 2400cp Rydon spawned on me two days ago, that was a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

I haven't noticed any real difference in spawns. Maybe I have just been spoiled lucky already though, snorlax and lapras have already spawned near my road over the months. They probably still are on occasion but all the tracker tells me is there are still pidgy and gastly in the cemetery up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

The only increased spawns I'm seeing are even more Pidgey and Rattata. There was a Grimer nearby at midnight last night, went out looking for it and came to the conclusion that it had to be behind a locked gate (tire yard). The fecker sat taunting me on the nearby for almost an hour.

Hatched back to back Sandshrew this morning :( Picked up 2x 10km eggs and a 2km, so fingers crossed for something decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Same here, no perceptible difference in spawns. Getting a bit edgy about a useful hristmas even not happening at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Damn meteor and their outage. Only got five gyms today and I actually passed two on my defeated way home. Think I missed a Ditto up in Dillon's Cross last night too, and I still don't have one :(

Havent left the house yet and its my seven day streak. On meteor so a bit concerned about later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Havent left the house yet and its my seven day streak. On meteor so a bit concerned about later
    You could go to a cafe near a Pokéstop and steal their wiffy!

Good thinking. I could use the wife's phone as a hot spot too, if I could only convince her to use data!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

No love from the Pokestops in Waterford today as far as 10km eggs go :(

80km walked since Tuesday, near 120 eggs hatched, most of them 5kms - I've hatched everything possible from the 5km this week bar Lickitung, Grimer and Togepi. Disappointing that Niantic have made it this difficult to get Togepi. On Xmas hols now so I will continue to walk my ass off and fly through hatches until I get Togepi :) and hopefully the Pokestops will be more giving with the 10km eggs tomorrow.

Could you give me your spare Tangela then please?! Cant catch or hatch one for love nor money.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm off on a walking and catching spree so I'll let you guys know if I come across anything interesting in my travels! :D

So I'm back from my travels and ended up finding a Grimer in St. Stephen's Green park along with 13 Kabutos in the space of an hour. Thankfully, I've now enough candies to evolve a Kabutops so that's another off the list. Also, Gastly's are all over that park!

I found a few Squirtles around town, e.g. St. Stephen's Green, Merrion Sq. etc., which is always a nice surprise, as well as several Santa-hat Pikachus. During my travels, I hatched 8 5kms which resulted in crap! I don't know why I'm hatching Magnemites all the time now!? I hatched 2 back-to-back in that run!! Anyway, one good hatch was a Dratini from the 1 10km I had so I'm almost close enough to get a Dragonite; finally!!

Finally, I managed to find my first wild Machoke but his IVs are crap; 'tis a shame too as he's 1448 CP.

Eirebull wrote: »
    Could you give me your spare Tangela then please?! Cant catch or hatch one for love nor money.

If trading ever comes in I'll gladly give you one ;)

^^^ load of ****e from Niantic
    Hopefully we get a Xmas event announcement tomorrow. Double candy, double XP, Increased ice type spawns.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

AMGer wrote: »
    ^^^ load of ****e from Niantic
    Hopefully we get a Xmas event announcement tomorrow. Double candy, double XP, Increased ice type spawns.

I'll get over my coin loss if this is the case, it being Christmas week, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it'll happen. I'm mature enough not to stamp my feet when a free game doesn't go my way, but the entire community is waiting for an announcement. Don't let us down Professor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just completed the 'dex with Aerodactyl, been looking for him for about three weeks now. Second last pokemon I had to get was Muk, ended up having to walk with Grimer as my buddy as found him very hard to come by in the wild. Happy days, then a 2400 CP Snorlax spawned in my kitchen ;-)

Arciphel wrote: »
    Just completed the 'dex with Aerodactyl, been looking for him for about three weeks now. Second last pokemon I had to get was Muk, ended up having to walk with Grimer as my buddy as found him very hard to come by in the wild. Happy days, then a 2400 CP Snorlax spawned in my kitchen ;-)

Jammy!

I've walked Grimer too and have 1km to go having caught my first grimer in the wild this morning. On to Growlithe next. Anyone seen any about to give us a helping hand? Need 21 more candies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well done, great that you managed to get all the new babies in such a short space of time....oh, you did get them, right? :pac:

Jammy!

I've walked Grimer too and have 1km to go having caught my first grimer in the wild this morning. On to Growlithe next. Anyone seen any about to give us a helping hand? Need 21 more candies.

There's a Growlithe spawner on the WIT campus in Waterford if you're down this way anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So painful to see the Dex at 175. Just about to hit level 25 and I'm still at caught 97 seen 110

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Arciphel

delly wrote: »
    Well done, great that you managed to get all the new babies in such a short space of time....oh, you did get them, right? :pac:

:pac::pac::pac: And back in I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Dublinlad1989

Jammy!

If you makes you feel any better this growlithe just spawned at my house check the silph road for new nests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Thank you to whoever posted about Rathfarnam park being a Charmander nest.
    I can confirm, definitely a nest. :p

404262.png

404261.png

• Advertisement

Blastoise at James hospital luas stop now!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

What time does Rathfarnam park close? I can only go after work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

Is rathfarnham park only open during the day ?

According to the interweb's it's open 10:00 til 17:00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Could do with a few of those little fellas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Diemos wrote: »
    According to the interweb's it's open 10:00 til 17:00.
    Anyway to sneak in after that? :angel: Is it worth going to catch something from outside of the fence?

Shiranui wrote: »
    Anyway to sneak in after that? :angel: Is it worth going to catch something from outside of the fence?

I don't know about sneaking in, I'm sure it would not be too difficult to scale the fence.

Yes, you can catch a good few from outside.

If you walk form the castle entrance, south, and then up to the gate in Rathfarnam wood, that's where most of them are, you should get a 3 to 4 that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minikelvin

Im up to 132 of 136 now and think I've seen all the originals without any of the babies. Is 143 number we can get up to in Ireland without the babies? Also any1 know of any nests in Dublin 2ish area for the following: Charmander, Bulbasaur, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Grimer, Machop, Exeggcute, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey or Tangela? Would be greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Just completed the 'dex with Aerodactyl, been looking for him for about three weeks now. ......
    Well done. I'll put you on the list for a Tauros once we get trading
    minikelvin wrote: »
    Im up to 132 of 136 now and think I've seen all the originals without any of the babies. Is 143 number we can get up to in Ireland without the babies?...
    Yup, 143 is your Gen 1 max without catching any non-European pokemon and the recently added Gen 2 babies.

Once you hatch a Gen 2 baby your pokedex will unlock and show you the full Gen 2 numbered boxes. I'm manically walking to get the last few candy to get my last Gen 1 before I hatch a baby. Its a race!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Im up to 132 of 136 now and think I've seen all the originals without any of the babies. Is 143 number we can get up to in Ireland without the babies? Also any1 know of any nests in Dublin 2ish area for the following: Charmander, Bulbasaur, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Grimer, Machop, Exeggcute, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey or Tangela? Would be greatly appreciated

Might be a bit of a drive but Castletown in Celbridge is a Bulbasaur nest at the moment.

How is it even possible that I have hatched two Porygons now this week and still no Togepi :(

Need about 15-20 to complete gen 1 Dex, some I'm working on with candies but others haven't ever seen them..any help would be brilliant

Is there any nests for these in Dublin area?

Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Tangela
    Aerodactyl
    Hitmonlee
    Omanyte
    Rhyhorn
    Diglet
    Dratini

Need about 15-20 to complete gen 1 Dex, some I'm working on with candies but others haven't ever seen them..any help would be brilliant

Is there any nests for these in Dublin area?

Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Tangela
    Aerodactyl
    Hitmonlee
    Omanyte
    Rhyhorn
    Diglet
    Dratini

Several of the above 'mon in your list have nests visible on The Silph Road Atlas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

Diglet

Santry Park is infested with them at the moment.

Yes, 143 is correct.

As above Charmander is in Rathfarnam castle park, Bulbasaur is spawning in bushy park which is nearby.

Vulpix was in Merrion sq about a month ago, and Machop was in the Iveagh Garden around that time.

Keep an eye on the Silph road atlas.

Grimer, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey, Tangela none of these appear in nest's to my knowledge.

Of those in my experience, Grimer is the most common, followed by Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Only caught 1 wild Chansey and never even spotted a wild Tangela in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Diemos wrote: »
    Grimer, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey, Tangela none of these appear in nest's to my knowledge.

Of those in my experience, Grimer is the most common, followed by Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Only caught 1 wild Chansey and never even spotted a wild Tangela in Ireland.
    Tangela does appear in nests, it was all over St. Annes Park at the beginning of the game. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan appear in nests (if you take the Silph Road's frequent spawn point description). Both used to spawn regularly in Bray at the same time. Chansey is a mystery though and I'd have never caught one without Pokevision, still my only 1 to this day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Tangela does appear in nests, it was all over St. Annes Park at the beginning of the game. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan appear in nests (if you take the Silph Road's frequent spawn point description). Both used to spawn regularly in Bray at the same time. Chansey is a mystery though and I'd have never caught one without Pokevision, still my only 1 to this day.

Never seen a wild Chancey myself, hatched mine, but there was one in Limerick Cityu centre yesterday, they do spawn, but they're one of the rarest in the game, anyone who wants one is best off trying to hatch as many 10k's as possible, you'll get her and the hitmon lads eventually.

Just walked my Porygon up to 50 candies, now walking Chancey so I can hopefully mark Blissey off the list asap when gen 2 is properly available.

Been stocking up on slowpoke,polywhirl,horsea,golbat and eevee as well for the same reason, please hurry up and release Gen 2 so I can do a mass evolve :pac:

I've hit level 34 lads, and 200k in towards level 35. The grind is real. I try and get 10 gyms a day just to keep myself interested at this stage, and the candy costs to buff pokemon at lv 34 is madness. 8k stardust and 10 candy for the very last buff.

I've hit level 34 lads, and 200k in towards level 35. The grind is real. I try and get 10 gyms a day just to keep myself interested at this stage, and the candy costs to buff pokemon at lv 34 is madness. 8k stardust and 10 candy for the very last buff.

I'm right behind you at lv33 and it's an 'aul slog to get enough stardust to power-up your best 'mon alright. I went through 600k over the last week on only a few 'mon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Kind of gutted here. Picked up two 10km eggs yesterday and just hatched another Magby and an Aerodactyl. Needn't bother getting my hopes up for my last remaining 10km this evening so :( Also sick of hatching Pichu at this stage, just gimme a Togepi Niantic!! :p

Waiting impatiently for an announcement on bonus XP for Christmas. I have enough candies to add Gyarados, Raichu, Slowbro, Victreebel and Kabutops to my dex (plus several Pidgeys to evolve!) but would hate to go on an evolution spree only for bonus XP to come into effect a day later. >__<; I may give it 'til New Year's and then just go for it if no announcement by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just back from three laps and 9 Charmander later in Rathfarnam park...might have to go there for tomorrows lunch too as I've 11 catches to go to get my Charizard now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭insomniak

Pincer all around Eileen Mcloughlin park for those in need.

102 myself now, still no charmander :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

:pac::pac::pac: And back in I go!

Witnessed :)

Enjoying all those Charmander candies from Rathfarnham Castle Park?
    And the free Gym spot I left you? :pac:

404278.png

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Another twenty eggs over last twelve hours, still no baby! That's at least ninety hatched in last week and nothing, that's a fooking joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Went to Stephen's Green today...not one Kabuto in sight...did get one Omanyte, but that might be a coincidence. Anyone have luck there today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement