Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

I wouldn't mind it not being a baby if it was something good, but I'm so sick of the rubbish, when you've walked 10km to hatch it. Have another one now and I don't even want to see what comes out of it :(

I'll also have a tantrum on my hands after school, as my daughter hatched an Elekid, so my 8 yr old who shares my account will be disgusted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

I haven't got a 10k egg since before the Halloween event, 20 5ks and 8 2ks in the past week with no babies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

are 10k eggs still a thing? id say iv seen one in the last month. probs as far back as halloween. and 3 2ks. all iv managed is a igglybuff. So sick of 5ks. spent my stored gym money on incubators and still nothing but damn 5ks. hitting 8/9/10 gyms daily now so have a new incubator every second day so fair to say im burning through my fair share of eggs and feck all. still yet to hatch a lapras never mind a baby egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Finally!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Nice wan, AMGer. That's the one I really want too so I can get him walking for candies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

dbagman wrote: »
    are 10k eggs still a thing? id say iv seen one in the last month. probs as far back as halloween. and 3 2ks. all iv managed is a igglybuff. So sick of 5ks. spent my stored gym money on incubators and still nothing but damn 5ks. hitting 8/9/10 gyms daily now so have a new incubator every second day so fair to say im burning through my fair share of eggs and feck all. still yet to hatch a lapras never mind a baby egg

I haven't seen a 2k in months, but have three 10k eggs in my basket (I have had one of them for a month). I'm a bit scared to use my coins yet!

I haven't seen a 2k in months, but have three 10k eggs in my basket (I have had one of them for a month). I'm a bit scared to use my coins yet!

igglybuff aside i got a weedle and a geodude. theyre not all their cracked up to be either!! (see what i did there? You can use that one if you want) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Am i right in thinking there's probably no XP event coming for Christmas or new year , been saving vermin for weeks but i'm at a stage now where i need to either expand the storage system again or just evolve em.

Cant really decide weather to just do it or not , don't really want to spend more cash on expanding the storage already dropped €30 in the last 2 weeks buying incubators trying to hatch those new ones with not much luck , still no Pichu , Togpi , Smoochum or Cleefa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Am i right in thinking there's probably no XP event coming for Christmas or new year , been saving vermin for weeks but i'm at a stage now where i need to either expand the storage system again or just evolve em.

Cant really decide weather to just do it or not , don't really want to spend more cash on expanding the storage already dropped €30 in the last 2 weeks buying incubators trying to hatch those new ones with not much luck , still no Pichu , Togpi , Smoochum or Cleefa

It's looking grim at this late stage, but someone posted above that an online in-the-know said something would happen/be announced by tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

€30 in two weeks?! Personally I wouldn't spend so much money on this game considering it's pure blind luck what comes out of eggs, I just enjoy generating free coins and stardust from gym defence, but if you've got the spare cash...

• Advertisement

It's looking grim at this late stage, but someone posted above that an online in-the-know said something would happen/be announced by tomorrow.

it's a bit late in the day now unless they are planning on starting something literally Christmas eve and running though new year maybe ,The Mirror have an article about it but its all just assumption and speculation to be honest http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/pokemon-go-christmas-event-2016-9425643

hard to imagine after the big deal made of a lesser event like Halloween , that all that's on the cards for the Holidays and new year is a Pikachu in a Santa hat (though adorable and festive) and some baby gen 2 mons that have to be hatched in weather that doesn't really lend itself to walking.

Nice wan, AMGer. That's the one I really want too so I can get him walking for candies!

Need a second one now to evolve Togetic :) Only got 11 candies with it, and it's a 5km per candy buddy, so that's a lot more walking to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Just hatched 8 5kms, pure shoite out of them.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

Got my rank 3 steel type medal today. I'm ready for my wild steelix encounter now Niantic. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Get your gym game in order. :p

There is a lot of speculation that the christmas event will be centred around pokestops. Guessing by the Christmas splash screen at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kris_jammage

Anyone any hints for Aerodactyl and Snorlax? Anywhere around Dublin would great!

Yeah, I've discovered a Snorlax nest but I'm keeping it secret... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

Hatched a Pichu on the way home. That's 3 new babies now. But I'm down to just the infinite incubator for now so it might be a while before I get any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Jesus christ another Pinsir. Losing the will to live here :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

First 10k egg in what feels like forever and it's a Hitmonchan. So disappointing : would have loved a dratini or well anything (ish). Maybe I'm just hard to please!(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ZeppRock

Please do Share.. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

Lies lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

my jimmies are indeed rustled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Eirebull wrote: »
    First 10k egg in what feels like forever and it's a Hitmonchan. So disappointing : would have loved a dratini or well anything (ish). Maybe I'm just hard to please!(

It depends on perspective. I would have loved one last week but randomly found one on Friday so don't care anymore.

hdl wrote: »
    Jesus christ another Pinsir. Losing the will to live here :mad: :mad:

4th Pinsir in a row yesterday....... 4 ffs

Stupid game...... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

My ten hatched into scyther.... Bah
    One of five K's hatched onto pichu, second of the little barstewards

Irishbrick wrote: »
    My ten hatched into scyther.... Bah
    One of five K's hatched onto pichu, second of the little barstewards

my 2 10k's netted me a 1890 CP 95% Snorlax and a 1760 88% Lapras this morning , hard to complain , but was a little gutted i missed out on Smoochum (last 10k gen 2, i need).

5k's on the other hand have been a massive waste of time and cash 43 hatched since gen 2 , no new mons >:(

Bar babies, snorlax is the only thing I haven't hatched

Stats from Reddit say on average Pichu is hatching for every 40th 5km egg you hatch, 125 for Togepi.

AMGer wrote: »
    Stats from Reddit say on average Pichu is hatching for every 40th 5km egg you hatch, 125 for Togepi.

Ah Christ, took me almost double that to get one pichu, so Togepi, will be my new snorlax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Wow I got Togepi from my 1st 5 km egg I collected after they were released, have only hatched magby since, just need to stock up on eggs to try for rest

my 2 10k's netted me a 1890 CP 95% Snorlax and a 1760 88% Lapras this morning , hard to complain , but was a little gutted i missed out on Smoochum (last 10k gen 2, i need).

5k's on the other hand have been a massive waste of time and cash 43 hatched since gen 2 , no new mons >:(

There are people complaining about hatching Sythers and Pinsirs and you are pissing and moaning about hatching Snorlax and Lapras.

My heart bleeds :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I've done about 40 5kms so Pichu must be due out soon :D

Diemos wrote: »
    There are people complaining about hatching Sythers and Pinsirs and you are pissing and moaning about hatching Snorlax and Lapras.

My heart bleeds :D;)

To be fair it was my 4th Snorlax (3rd hatched) and it didn't have a great move set and my 5th Lapras (2nd i hatched), was great to get the candies but i'm done with the regional Gen 1 Dex , i need thees gen 2 babies

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jgally

Only need Aerodactyl now for Gen1 after visiting Charmander and Kabuto nests yesterday...... Surely someone has info on this mythical beast

jgally wrote: »
    Only need Aerodactyl now for Gen1 after visiting Charmander and Kabuto nests yesterday...... Surely someone has info on this mythical beast

Where was the Charmander nest ? , i could do with powering up a Charizard

Aerodactyl, eh? I've caught 12,441 Pokemon - ONE was Aerodactyl.

I wish you luck.

Where was the Charmander nest ? , i could do with powering up a Charizard

Rathfarnham Castle Park

I wish you luck.

hahaha cheers... i've only caught 5177, so a long way to go!

jgally wrote: »
    Rathfarnham Castle Park

Ah i see, bit of a trek so may give it a miss , thank's though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Still no event? Bah humbug,

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kris_jammage

Still no event? Bah humbug,

Rumours its starting soon - https://thesilphroad.com/news/hints-of-holiday-event-2016

Only have the one aerodactyl, hatched it and that's been the only time I've seen it ie never seen it on nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Only have the one aerodactyl, hatched it and that's been the only time I've seen it ie never seen it on nearby

is this some kind of riddle?

surely if you hatched it, you didn't see it on nearby :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minikelvin

I wish you luck.

Wow I only caught 4,100 but I suppose I'm only on 132 caught so I guess I've a lot of catching to do to finish the gen1 dex

jgally wrote:

Caught 2 wild. Bull island and deer park down near ucd. It was a bulbasuar nest and dropped in one day as was near and up he popped.

I wish you luck.

12440 Pokémon! That's some going, what level are you up to?

12440 Pokémon! That's some going, what level are you up to?

Could do with an extra XP event right about now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

insomniak wrote: »
    Pincer all around Eileen Mcloughlin park for those in need.

102 myself now, still no charmander :cool:

Nice one, didn't have a pinsir and drove past today and got 3. Never even heard of that park till you mentioned it! Got a 1549cp electabuzz there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minikelvin

Any1 know or have an idea when the next migration will be? I'm bringing the car up to Dublin on the 28th so I'm hoping the bulbasaur and charmander nests will still be there when I can get to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement