Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ah here, someone here has gyms covered with Pokemon over 700cp. How can that be possible in 3 days without cheating?

My highest is 250. 

RossieMan wrote: »
    Ah here, someone here has gyms covered with Pokemon over 700cp. How can that be possible in 3 days without cheating?

My highest is 250. 

I feel so behind waiting for the official release :'( reports are it will be out next week here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Got it here in Australia, pretty impressed, tonnes of Pokeshops around me and have caught 27 Pokemon today from walking around my local area. Havent played Pokemon games in years but this has the potential to suck a lot in!

RossieMan wrote: »

My highest is 250. 

Pay to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I was walking around Mahon Point like a dope yesterday catching pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MartinTWD

Took over my first GYM this morning, which is just 5 minutes away from my house and it's a church. there's another one about 10 minutes away and 3 Pokestops. loving the game so far. :)

Sorry for the double post, won't let me edit the one above for some reason.

I'm home and I was just checking to see what Pokemon are nearby and Squirtle pops up, he was just around the corner, just seconds later, an Aerodactyl pops up. caught both, not bad for a 5 minutes walk around the block. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

MartinTWD wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post, won't let me edit the one above for some reason.

I'm home and I was just checking to see what Pokemon are nearby and Squirtle pops up, he was just around the corner, just seconds later, an Aerodactyl pops up. caught both, not bad for a 5 minutes walk around the block. lol

Same thing happened me with Squritle. Logged on fro my living room and there he was. Only CP 11, but still good to get him.

Best I have so far are a CP 377 Starmie, a CP 279 Raticate and a CP 212 Pidgeotto.

Pay to win

How so though? There's nothing really in the Shop to help you boost, unless you just load up on Incense and Lures to keep catching Pokemon. But I dont think you can specifically buy Candies or Stardust.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you can easily get pokemon that high in a few days, i dont play that much to have that high. People have had 1.3k+for a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

How do I catch a zubat? Anything i throw just fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Aras an Uachtarain is a gym but because it's on private property and presumably Michael D Higgins doesn't play pokemon it's as of yet unclaimed. Saw several punters standing at the moat trying to claim it. Maybe Sabina will claim it when it's out on ios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Finally hatched an egg, and it gave me a poxy pidgey :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

mjavi wrote: »
    How do I catch a zubat? Anything i throw just fails.

Pot luck from what I can see...I have found chances to be improved when AR is toggled on and if I throw when the green circle is smallest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Finally hatched an egg, and it gave me a poxy pidgey :(

got a pidgey in my first one too, ponytah in the second though

Same thing happened me with Squritle. Logged on fro my living room and there he was. Only CP 11, but still good to get him.

Best I have so far are a CP 377 Starmie, a CP 279 Raticate and a CP 212 Pidgeotto.

The Squritle I captured has CP 107.

my highest is a CP 246 Hypno, which is currently at the only GYM I've claimed so far. CP 223 Jynx and CP 158 Golbat.

I had a CP129 Kingler appear out of nowhere while I was level 2 and all my pokemon 10-25cp :pac:

Server ****ed again. Probably it for today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Started today in Killarney. Have 7 Pokemon caught. Haven't been to the Pokemon centre things yet but looking forward to seeing what they're about tomorrow when I walk into town :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Being out in the country sucks. Out in Connemara and nothing showing. No Pokémon no pokestops. Pretty sh*tty

Same here in Roscommon, I can see Pokemon on the register but even when I get to 0 footprints left, no Pokemon appear, even when I use incense :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

What determines a pokestop, did they just nick random landmarks from google earth?

If so I might add a few national heritage landmarks around me gaff. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aislinnb

What is determed distance for 0 footsteps, 1 footstep etc, I don't know how long I have to walk before it comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

elfy4eva wrote: »
    What determines a pokestop, did they just nick random landmarks from google earth?

If so I might add a few national heritage landmarks around me gaff. xD

They're based off points in their other game ingress.

If you download ingress and make an account you can see an the locations here https://www.ingress.com/intel nearly all of them correlate to Pokemon Go gyms and stops

Managed to hatch 3 Rhyhorns today from 5k eggs and evolve one into a Roydon with 526 CP

richieffff wrote:
    Managed to hatch 3 Rhyhorns today from 5k eggs and evolve one into a Roydon with 526 CP

Roydon sounds like a D4 Rhydon

Roydon sounds like a D4 Rhydon

Well I cant change it now :pac:

Edit: On a side note Google tells me I walked 19.5KM today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I had a quick walk round my village. I have no Gyms near me but 2 pokemart thingy's so I can stock up on balls no problem. I caught a load of normal rubbish you normally find at the start of a game. Pidgey's and the like.

I'm still low level....4 or so and then out of nowhere a Seaking appears way above anything I have...so I caught him. Fed him a few candies and now hes like 250 or something and massively stronger than everything else I have. I think I need to level my character before I can buff him any more.

:p

richieffff wrote: »

Woah what level are you. I took a gym today, walked off and heard some guys complaining someone took the gym, I wandered off as they tried to take it and servers went down, still mine :D

richieffff wrote: »

Woah what level are you.

Level 13, was going into Cork city before and after work, loads of pokemon to catch and loads of people playing too.

If you want to level up quickly, keep all the pokemon you catch until you get a lucky egg (double xp) then start evolving everything you can (pidgeys are best) you'll fly up levels, think I went up 3 from that alone

Did that and got 1 level, gotta hoard pidgys for next time! Good walking man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Woah what level are you. I took a gym today, walked off and heard some guys complaining someone took the gym, I wandered off as they tried to take it and servers went down, still mine :D

Could this game potentially lead to real world fights? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Walked around half of Tallaght couldn't find a single Pokemon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Could this game potentially lead to real world fights? :D

Guaranteed I'd say, or some entrepreneur thug using the gym locations to ambush softies and nick their smartphones

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Has anybody used incense in the countryside? In the middle of nowhere here but do not want to waste it if nothing new will appear

Has anybody used incense in the countryside? In the middle of nowhere here but do not want to waste it if nothing new will appear

I'm not in the middle of nowhere, I'm in an urban area. however, where I am has pretty much no pokemon. I used incense and went for a walk and caught 15 pokemon last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I wouldn't waste it tbh especially if you never have any Pokemon near by. Near a town or something like that will be grand

incense creates pokemon that spawn every 5-8 minutes, should be fine to use in the middle of nowhere? Havent tried though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I don't get how gyms work. I went into one earlier and could just join a team but couldn't do much else

You need to find a gym that's a different team than yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

When does this go live? I just got the APK I don't want to lose what I've done so far

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

incense creates pokemon that spawn every 5-8 minutes, should be fine to use in the middle of nowhere? Havent tried though

Yeah it brought 1 Pokemon every 4-5 mins. However, again in the middle of nowhere the GPS signal wasn't reliable so it would cut out and they'd disappear I guess.

I should have saved it for a town. 2 Rattata is not a great haul. Really hope the proper thing is out soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

chipfox wrote: »
    When does this go live? I just got the APK I don't want to lose what I've done so far

The EU release has been postponed cus of the server issues, theres no conrete date yet but likely next week sometime. You shouldnt lose any progress if you use the APK or itunes workaround to get access early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah it brought 1 Pokemon every 4-5 mins. However, again in the middle of nowhere the GPS signal wasn't reliable so it would cut out and they'd disappear I guess.

I should have saved it for a town. 2 Rattata is not a great haul. Really hope the proper thing is out soon

That is the full game, they just havent officially released the apps in all territories but the game is still populating and spawning as it will in those territories once its officially released

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

How does the apk version work for updates, when it's officially released will app stored recognise that you have it installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Local gym his held by Team Mystic (boo) with a persistent 1HP bug, so annoying to walk past, challenge it, beat down the one Pokemon guarding and have it glitch out.

Local gym his held by Team Mystic (boo) with a persistent 1HP bug, so annoying to walk past, challenge it, beat down the one Pokemon guarding and have it glitch out.

That's my main grievance so far.

There are 5 gyms within a 15 minute walk from me - I've beaten all 5 yet 4 of them have that bug where the game freezes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

How often can you hit the pokestops? Am watching the match in range of one and have already got it about 3 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

not as bad as an empty gym and then freezing as i move by. I should be in control of 5 gyms

matrim wrote: »
    How often can you hit the pokestops? Am watching the match in range of one and have already got it about 3 times.

Every 5 minutes I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

How do I work it? I downloaded it earlier and in camera mode got Squirtle in work. Haven't seen a tap since and also on their shíte map mode. Dunno how to put camera mode on. There are 2 pokestops 2 min from my house tho so gonna go there in the morning for goodies.

• Advertisement

Camera mode is only enabled when catching Pokemon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement