Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon go

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Aha up in Rush, right by the beach. Not sure why there are so many Electric types.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East%E2%80%93West_Interconnector :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ahh of course, totally forgot about Eirgrid, the whole thing is a bit of a repressed memory around here :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Caught a Omanyte on the walk home from work today in Cork.

Would that be considered quite a rare pokemon so far ?.

Around work all there is is Weedles !!!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Caught a Omanyte on the walk home from work today in Cork.

Would that be considered quite a rare pokemon so far ?.

Around work all there is is Weedles !!!!!!

Of course! Throw in the link for all the Cork bois!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Keeps breaking for me.

Either saying location not available or not updating the map and pokestops.

I'll give it another go tomorrow morning.

I did get a Raticate in the lift at work today, but lost the connection when I caught him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Guys, I downloaded today and signed in with Google. It won't let me sign in now. Saying network issues. Anyone have same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Guys, I downloaded today and signed in with Google. It won't let me sign in now. Saying network issues. Anyone have same?

Always happens around this time when the North Americans start logging in! It's a bit better than it was a few days ago tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

Awesome. Hope you dont mind I added a layer of locations I found pokemon other than the usual Weedle/rattata/pidgey etc

EDIT: We need a stickied post of useful information for Go!

If you check ingress.com/intel you can see all the pokestops but it won't distinguish the pokestops from the gyms. So the location of the gyms is very useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EDIT: We need a stickied post of useful information for Go!

Done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

El Nick wrote:
    Currently I *believe* we have : Dratini (Ballyfermot, Co. Dublin) Hitmonlee (Croppies Acre, Dublin) Hitmonchan (Marlay Park, Co. Dublin) Magmar (Merrion Square, Dublin)

Any more for any more?

Just to +1, our group all found Hitmonlee at Croppies Acre yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Croppies Acre also has Horsea. Got a metapod in Jervis. State of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Got an Electabuzz in the Ilac by TK Maxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

Pang wrote: »
    Got an Electabuzz in the Ilac by TK Maxx.

Put them on the map guys. Don't be shy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Was walking home from work and the guy in front of me was playing this. I was so very tempted to say hello and ask how he was getting on but he seemed too engrossed.

Any auld fellas here playing this? I'm tempted to give it a bash but might be a bit weird to have a 30 something out on the streets chasing pokemon haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Btw you can turn off the AR while capturing a pokemon, switch is in the top right, they then stay centered on your screen and so you don't look like as much of an eejit spinning around on the side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

Any auld fellas here playing this? I'm tempted to give it a bash but might be a bit weird to have a 30 something out on the streets chasing pokemon haha

I'm 'auld' and female and very tempted! Waiting for it in app store

Apparently its out officially in 'a few days'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The amount of crashes is annoying. I think it's more prevalent in the evening when the US comes online and the servers are taking more of a hit. I missed out on about 5 pokemon this evening because of crashes right as I was capturing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

matrim wrote: »
    The amount of crashes is annoying. I think it's more prevalent in the evening when the US comes online and the servers are taking more of a hit. I missed out on about 5 pokemon this evening because of crashes right as I was capturing them

I'm getting all sorts of crashes.

A popular one is when I catch a pokemon and it sticks on the screen showing the pokeball.

It saves the catch, but it's a pain to reload the game after each catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pure nightmare at the moment.

Crashing every single time I catch anything.

My bag is always becoming full too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

My bag keeps filling but I'm just dumping potions and keeping hyper potions. Out of curiosity, what type of phone are you playing on? I've had loads of crashes and freezes and **** ups on iphone 5s, friends playing with me on android don't seem to be having as much trouble...might boot up my poor forgotten droid.

As for aul wans playing - on my travels today I saw folks well into their 40's huddled around pokestops with everyone else. Age is but a number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'm on android 5.1.1 at Nd it's constant crashes. Plenty of Pokemon around the place for a change too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Was walking home from work and the guy in front of me was playing this. I was so very tempted to say hello and ask how he was getting on but he seemed too engrossed.

Would ya stop, I'm a late 20s female playing it, my boyfriend is in his 30s and playing it and the few mates I have playing it are men early to mid thirties!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Raging, I went to bring the young lad out for a hunt and the servers are dead

P. S. I'm 30 and playing with my 11yr old :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

Apparently its out officially in 'a few days'

Reports are that it's being delayed further.

Just installed it on iOS as I didn't want to wait any longer. A few pokestops and gyms about 5 min from where I live and on the walk to work.

You can add me to the 'older' age group. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Anyone having a problem where the actual install button when your installing using the APK wont let you click it? I can hit cancel beside it but i try to press install and nothing happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MartinTWD

I'm raging!!

I had a Venusaur pop up in the nearby area. went out to search for it, found it about 5 minutes away from my house. when I went to catch it, it froze and the servers went down. I'm hoping it re-spawn's in the same area..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Anyone having a problem where the actual install button when your installing using the APK wont let you click it? I can hit cancel beside it but i try to press install and nothing happens?

Have you a screen overlay like Twilight or Last pass? Go into Settings -> Accessibility and then disable everything. Its an android security thing not a bug with the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

MartinTWD wrote:
    I had a Venusaur pop up in the nearby area. went out to search for it, found it about 5 minutes away from my house. when I went to catch it, it froze and the servers went down. I'm hoping it re-spawn's in the same area..

I had the same problem with a Squirtle :( had it caught and everything but before it registered, it frozen and servers dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Started it up, caught the first Pokemon that came up and took the dog out for a quick walk... went to the first place highlighted on screen and got "our servers are experiencing issues"... still stuck on that.

That's what I get for trying this before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭selastich2

khKt1kl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Missed a jynx just disappeared randomly when I was getting close, but caught 2 Mr. Mimes to make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Started it up, caught the first Pokemon that came up and took the dog out for a quick walk... went to the first place highlighted on screen and got "our servers are experiencing issues"... still stuck on that.

That's what I get for trying this before release.

It is released, the game won't be changing once it becomes available here, in fact I expect the servers to take a dive again once all those who don't know how to do the workarounds get their hands on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Wish I could trade drowzee candies. At 88 and my hypno is 506CP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

grrr server issues meant I missed out on a Dratini but I did catch 3 Hitmonchan on the trot to make up for it. Also found an electrabuzz :)

Walked 20 kilometres today - playing a game and feeling good about exercising!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

was about to catch clefairy only for servers to go down, am so close lvl 5 and there is a gym down the road at the church... be going to mass more often...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Ok it's official, this game has made me the crazy guy on the bus. I had 3 or 4 Pokemon escape from balls going home last night.... I may have cursed to myself a few times out loud...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Has anyone been able to get it on Ios ? Ive tried all the work arounds and cant get it

• Advertisement

Has anyone been able to get it on Ios ? Ive tried all the work arounds and cant get it

What workarounds have you tried? Theres literally one workaround for IOS, you create a US or AU itunes account, login to that on your phone and download the game, then you can switch back to your normal itunes account, the game will be playable but you wont be able to purchase any of the micro transaction stuff so once it releases properly here delete and redownload it on your irish account and you can do that. All your progress will be linked to your login and not the app so you shouldnt lose anything by deleting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

Would ya stop, I'm a late 20s female playing it, my boyfriend is in his 30s and playing it and the few mates I have playing it are men early to mid thirties!

<raises hand> Forty-three. I guess that makes me the designated old man of the group. Any messing and I'll belt you one with my walking stick ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Luas is great for hitting pokestops, went from James' to Jervis lastnight and if you're quick there's loads along the way you can hit.

Reached level 8 just now and got my first lure module, see what that brings me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Decided to throw on the game on the way to work this morning, a few places I passed through had some Gyms (I now occupy one :P) and pokestops so grabbed a few bits. I had to laugh at some of the weird locations for pokestops that were in the middle of nowhere really on country roads.

maximoose wrote: »
    The Luas is great for hitting pokestops, went from James' to Jervis lastnight and if you're quick there's loads along the way you can hit.

Reached level 8 just now and got my first lure module, see what that brings me.

It also goes slow enough in many parts for the app to think your walking so it registers steps towards your eggs. I caught about 6-7 yesterday morning on the way to work, the servers were on their way down again though in the evening so didnt get too many on the way home

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My last night conquerage of the spire, I've taken to leaving behind my weakest pokemon as everybody is leaving behind their strongest :pac:

nVpf9qL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

So what team did everyone pick?

tumblr_oa0r10ILED1qkl2pjo1_500.png

Team Valor Abú!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Team mystic for life!

fbj2kjvoll8x.gif

QhM3HXh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Team instinct genuinely just like zapdos better xD

I went Valor but these are still hilarious

YcKbBKR.jpg

2Hc112P.jpg

Could be interesting to combine this with jogging

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.