Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW-1070 - GSM Line Fault Query

Options
  • 06-07-2016 9:44am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a HKC SW-1070 alarm, installed over a year ago. Initially, it experienced a brief GSM Line Fault maybe 3 times in a 10-month period (it's using a network-agnostic SIM card).

Lately, though about once, or maybe twice a week, it experiences a GSM Line Fault. What's very odd though is:
    - Line fault always occurs within the same 30-minute window each time it occurs
    - Only lasts 1 minute

Since it's never the exact same time, but always *roughly* the same time, is it possible there's some brief outside interference maybe from a neighbour? In the last couple of months it's never once been outside this time window.

And on a related note, the panel keeps beeping away even after the fault is rectified. How long before it stops beeping then? And if I clear the fault, am I not unsetting the alarm? I just want the fault to be removed, not unset it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Which GSM have you?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Which GSM have you?
    Not sure. Box has been thrown out and I can't find the manuals. Any way to determine it without dismantling anything?

ixoy wrote: »
    Not sure. Box has been thrown out and I can't find the manuals. Any way to determine it without dismantling anything?

Are you paying hkc or do you top up the sim yourself?

Are you paying hkc or do you top up the sim yourself?

Paying through the alarm installer.

Which GSM have you?
    It's a GSM-SC module. Latest fault lasted longer than previous ones..

• Advertisement

It might need to be updated. The earlier ones had some issues like yours. A software upgrade will sort it.

It might need to be updated. The earlier ones had some issues like yours. A software upgrade will sort it.

Thanks! How easy is it to find the version and then update it?

ixoy wrote: »
    Thanks! How easy is it to find the version and then update it?

You'll need to get a licenced installer to do it for you.

You'll need to get a licenced installer to do it for you.

Thanks. I'll follow up with the installer.

Advertisement