Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seriously considering moving home now..

• 06-07-2016 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Just finished another visit home from America, both myself and my American wife are dead set on moving home now, I have a couple of questions:

From what I've read, as my wife is from outside the EU, she simply has to tell the customs she's married to me, an Irish citizen and that she intends to report to the local Gardai station to apply for residency, is this correct?

Also, how many of you returning came back with no concrete job offer, I've been 3 years working as a Data Analyst in Dallas and that's the field I'll be searching for work in, from what I've found online, there's plenty of work around Dublin and Galway.

That's all for now, thanks in advance for any help/advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

Hey there, we just moved back 3 weeks ago. My husband is a data manager and he kept his canadian job but yea there seems to be a lot of that work in dublin mainly. He works with clinical data. Keep us posted on how you get on though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Natonstan wrote:
    From what I've read, as my wife is from outside the EU, she simply has to tell the customs she's married to me, an Irish citizen and that she intends to report to the local Gardai station to apply for residency, is this correct?

Immigration and visa issues are the responsibility of the Department of Justice. Look at their webite and the section under Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Yeah, you just come in and let them know you intend to stay because it's apparently important that you get the stamp that says 30days and not the normal tourist stamp. Then you should register and all that. I have a post here with my experience with an American husband.

Has your wife spent a long time in Ireland? Does she like it? My husband and I are at about equal amounts of dislike at the minute. I think I might even be at more because of how hard it has been for him to do simple things like get a bank account.

Advertisement