Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get Eir Sports even though im an Eir Broadband Customer

Options
  • 06-07-2016 10:33am

Tried to log into the Eir Sports service today however it says there is something wrong with my account, I used the available chat feature and spoke to a Eir Representative.

Was told that because I upgraded to fibre last month the Eir System still had not updated to show that I was now using Eir fibre and I would have to wait until the Eir system was updated with my new details.

So at the moment I am unable to avail of Eir Sports because Eir cant update their systems despite myself being upgraded to Fibre nearly a month ago!

Any chance you could let me know when you might update your system so that I can sign into Eir Sports?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Something similar here..

Have the Fibre Solo package since April last year but when I try to sign up at https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer I can log in to my eir without an issue and enter my Sky viewing card number, but then get an error that: "we were unable to process your order"

Called the 0818 20 30 40 number but there is a 10 minute queue and that's a premium rate line so appreciate it if you can register me at your side if I PM my details?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tried to enter in my sky viewing card number on the eir tv subscribe page to activate these channels on my sky box but its coming up with an error every time.

Dcully wrote: »
    Tried to enter in my sky viewing card number on the eir tv subscribe page to activate these channels on my sky box but its coming up with an error every time.
    Same one as I'm getting? I spoke to their chat team last night and they said they were aware of it but it still wasn't working this morning.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Same one as I'm getting? I spoke to their chat team last night and they said they were aware of it but it still wasn't working this morning.

Getting this message

Sorry, we were unable to process your order. Please check your details and try again.
    If you have any queries, please contact us.

Getting this message

Sorry, we were unable to process your order. Please check your details and try again.
    If you have any queries, please contact us.
    Yep same error here.. have tried several times since last night at home and now in work but no joy :(

• Advertisement

Yeah ive tried 5 or 6 times now no joy.

Tried to watch same channels on PC @ http://live.eirsport.ie/live/440 ;, refused to run on MS edge,google chrome but loaded on internet explorer only 2 channels worked eir sport 1 and 2 but for about 30 seconds now no channels work.

So I cant vew them via the sky box or online via pc or laptop tablet etc, good job eir :rolleyes:

Update...

So spoke to the guys on the 0818 number who said the only way to do it is online and referred me to eir support on 1800 307 183

Spoke to them and they say they can't do it from their end either and suggested I download the eir Sport app on my phone and register that way.
    Did this, and the channels work through it fine but there's nowhere to register a Sky box/account

@ eir reps:  please advise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Tried to log into the Eir Sports service today however it says there is something wrong with my account, I used the available chat feature and spoke to a Eir Representative.

Was told that because I upgraded to fibre last month the Eir System still had not updated to show that I was now using Eir fibre and I would have to wait until the Eir system was updated with my new details.

So at the moment I am unable to avail of Eir Sports because Eir cant update their systems despite myself being upgraded to Fibre nearly a month ago!

Any chance you could let me know when you might update your system so that I can sign into Eir Sports?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are having issues registering for eir Sports. Have you registered for myeir?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

I'm now unable to login on the subscribe page... "Oops, something has gone wrong. Please go back or if you have any other queries, visit our contact us page."

Can I assume someone is working on the problems I've called out above?

Update...

So spoke to the guys on the 0818 number who said the only way to do it is online and referred me to eir support on 1800 307 183

Spoke to them and they say they can't do it from their end either and suggested I download the eir Sport app on my phone and register that way.
    Did this, and the channels work through it fine but there's nowhere to register a Sky box/account

Can you advise what 0818 number you called Kaiser_?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Update...

Can you advise what 0818 number you called Kaiser_?

-Pamela 
    0818 20 30 40

Update..

Whatever was done to the site since the outage earlier today seems to have worked. I was just able to successfully register my Sky box against my my eir/Fibre account.

I'm at work at the moment but will check this when I get home tonight and update either way.

Update..

Whatever was done to the site since the outage earlier today seems to have worked. I was just able to successfully register my Sky box against my my eir/Fibre account.

I'm at work at the moment but will check this when I get home tonight and update either way.
    Thanks for updating us _Kaiser_

-Pamela 

I can confirm all is working fine again now, 6 channels working fine on my sky box, 5 in glorious HD.

Yep.. just checked and working here now as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Guys, how long does it take from setting up a sky card page on Eir to getting the channels working on the sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

Can't log onto Eir Sports with My Eir email and password. It says "
    Failed to login, please try again.
    Your email or password is incorrect, please try again.
    I have no trouble logging onto My Eir with same details.

god's toy wrote: »
    Guys, how long does it take from setting up a sky card page on Eir to getting the channels working on the sky box?

In my case I registered while still at work yesterday and it was activate by the time I got home, but I understand its usually within a few minutes

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are having issues registering for eir Sports. Have you registered for myeir?[/font]

Hi Pamela,

Yes Ive been registered to MyEir for the past 18months, I have been a Broadband customer for over 18 months and upgraded to Fibre last month.  However according to Eir my Broadband hasn't been enabled yet! lol

Still unable to view Eir Sports or add my Sky Card.

Please advise.

Hi Pamela,

Yes Ive been registered to MyEir for the past 18months, I have been a Broadband customer for over 18 months and upgraded to Fibre last month.  However according to Eir my Broadband hasn't been enabled yet! lol

Please advise.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User a[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]nd I will take a look into this.[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

I can confirm all is working fine again now, 6 channels working fine on my sky box, 5 in glorious HD.
    Hi Dcully, 

Thank you for getting in touch and letting us know this :) We're glad to hear this. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Hi Pamela,

Please advise.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User a[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]nd I will take a look into this.[/font]

Thanks, PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi Pamela,

Please advise.

Thanks, PM sent.
    Thank you Irishfreeview,

Pamela is currently working through her PMs and will respond to you soon.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Still can't login on pc or tablet, but was able to setup and get all channels working on my sky box with same details????

Still can't login on pc or tablet, but was able to setup and get all channels working on my sky box with same details????
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]What browser are you using anonanymore? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge do not support Microsoft Silverlight which is required for the eir Sport service. You can use any the following browsers - Internet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Safari.[/font]

Can't logon with -
    Mac Safari
    Mac Firefox
    XP Firefox
    Android App on tablet

Working ok on Sky box

Can't logon with -
    Mac Safari
    Mac Firefox
    XP Firefox
    Android App on tablet

Working ok on Sky box
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]What device are you using [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]anonanymore?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll pass this feedback on to the relevant team.[/font]

MacBook Pro OSX 10.10
    Macbook Pro XP
    Lifetab android 5.02

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

god's toy wrote: »
    In my case it was about two minutes. I set it up online, plugged in the TV and there it was.

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for updating us [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dcully :)[/font]

Advertisement