Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jacket for interview

• 06-07-2016 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Have an important interview coming up this weekend and want to get a jacket/blazer to wear to it.

Have black trousers, black belt and light blue shirt with dark blue tie.

What colour blazer/jacket should I be looking at getting? Can buy another colour shirt and tie if you don't think the above combination would suit well.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hi all

Have an important interview coming up this weekend and want to get a jacket/blazer to wear to it.

Have black trousers, black belt and light blue shirt with dark blue tie.

What colour blazer/jacket should I be looking at getting? Can buy another colour shirt and tie if you don't think the above combination would suit well.

Thanks in advance

Blues and blacks don't look great together in my opinion, and it'd be tough to get a blazer colour that would work with that combo. I'd suggest getting a white shirt and a grey blazer, and then whatever colour tie/pattern you think is appropriate. If it's a really important interview I'd recommend getting a suit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Blues and blacks don't look great together in my opinion, and it'd be tough to get a blazer colour that would work with that combo. I'd suggest getting a white shirt and a grey blazer, and then whatever colour tie/pattern you think is appropriate. If it's a really important interview I'd recommend getting a suit though.

It's an assessment centre for a management role & degree, that could end with an interview if successful.

What colour trousers would be appropriate with the grey jacket and white shirt?

Any tie suggestions?

Sorry, I'm completely useless at all this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I agree a suit will be more appropriate.

It's an assessment centre for a management role & degree, that could end with an interview if successful.

So not quite a job interview, more like a college interview? Then a suit is probably not necessary. If you're a bit new to putting formal outfits together a suit does make it easier however.
    What colour trousers would be appropriate with the grey jacket and white shirt?

Any tie suggestions?

Your black trousers, black dress shoes, white shirt, grey blazer and maybe a striped tie (burgundy is always a good choice). If you're on a budget Penneys will see you right for this.

Lidl retailmanagement degree. Study and work at the same time. So bit of both.

Many thanks for all your suggestions.

• Advertisement

Well best of luck! :)

Well best of luck! :)

Thank you :)

Advertisement