Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marlborough Street

Options
  • 06-07-2016 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

I just moved to Dublin and I am looking for a place. I found some nice apartments in Marlborough Street (between Cathedral street and Sackville place).

However, I read that the neighborhood is not particularly safe, especially Talbot street (which I would use every day to get to Connolly station).

Most information I found is some years old. Is it really (or still) an unsafe area to live in?

I appreciate any advice or suggestions! Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's right in the middle of the city.
    Just have your wits about you.
    You'll likely come across a higher proportion of junkies and oddballs roaming around that area to be honest.
    Most should be harmless, but if it bothers you, you're best to look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Talbot has a continual junkie presence, not an issue during the day at all but I wouldnt super fancy it at night. Marlborough is quieter but there are some "characters" that live around the corner.

Advertisement