Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feels like i'll never get a mortgage

• 06-07-2016 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Just in the mood to vent. I have recently had a few mortgage applications rejected from bank of ireland and ebs and its so frustrating. I have a permanent job of 2 1/2 years earning 30K plus 4k bonus per annum. My wife is earning 21k per year but she is working under an open ended contract. we have 1 child and a loan with the balance of €5000 left on it.

We are only looking for a mortgage of €45-50K which is the most frustrating part as it is not a huge amount of money. It is a 3 bedroom terraced house valued at €75k. We currently pay rent of €600 per month. just feels like we cant get a break and will never get to own a property!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

How much have you saved towards a deposit? Where is the 25k coming from to fund the rest of the purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hazydays123

Clear the loan right now if you have the funds available. The monthly repayments on the loan will be taken into account when the bank is analyzing your capacity to meet the mortgage repayments. That and your dependent child are seen as financial burdens.

Have you saved the 25-30k that you say you'll be able to put into purchasing the property?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 michael031987

Yes it looks like I will have to pay off the loan to have a chance but according to the banks it won't make much of a difference. I'm going to go try a broker next. Here's hoping for better luck with them.

I have saved approx 15k and my parents are gifting 10k. I never thought of applying through the credit union. I'll look into that, thank you

Advertisement