Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Help

Options
  • 06-07-2016 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I just accepted a course through the cao, now that I have accepted the course do I have it? Is there a chance this course could get discontinued if not enough people apply? As I accepted at round a, what if not enough people apply for round 1 and 2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Is it a new course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Johnny_

Is it a new course?

No its not

have you a reason to think it might not go ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Johnny_

have you a reason to think it might not go ahead?

No not at all just over thinking as pure usually, like the college said over 40 were there last year in that class

I don't think it happens very often with established courses :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

Johnny_ wrote: »
    I just accepted a course through the cao, now that I have accepted the course do I have it? Is there a chance this course could get discontinued if not enough people apply? As I accepted at round a, what if not enough people apply for round 1 and 2?

Hiya,

Round A is for mature students and deferrals, which means a certain amount of offers (usually 20% of total places) is reserved for. Since you've accepted, your place is guaranteed. You'll get notification and instructions on registering from your college, which is usually from the third week of August into early September. Please note you'll have to have your fees sorted too. Whether from SUSI or the Free Fees Initiative, the college needs to know how you're paying upon you registering. From what I remember from my CAO, round 0 is for plc students. Round 1 is for Leaving Cert. Round 2 is for leaving cert appeals results in October. Which is also when students get the opportunity to change course. When students swop out their choice of course, Registry go to more applicants in round 1 and 2. By the time Registry gets all that sorted, they'll have all the places filled. Don't worry, there's going to be loads of applicants in all the rounds. The course isn't going to be cancelled, particularly if it's a university course. Hope this helps.

Advertisement