Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return item to Amazon - mistake made

Options
  • 06-07-2016 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi all.

Hope this is the right forum, and I hope somebody can advise me. I bought a phone from Amazon.de (the German site) and needed to return it as they posted out the wrong model. I posted the package back to Amazon through An Post using the labels Amazon asked me to print. I got a tracking number for it, and just tried tracking it online now but I've just realised two things.

1. An Post online says that batteries are prohibited from being posted, but the phone contains a non-removable one - is that a big issue?
    2. I didn't fill out any customs declaration, bar a sticker that An Post gave me.

What can I do? Just sit tight until I hear something? What if the package is seized by customs? Have I any rights?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Its funny how the law works.
    An Post will happily deliver the phone to you but then you try to post it back and they don't want batteries.

You will be fine.
    If you have a tracking number it'll show up in the system soon.
    Amazon are excellent for customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Amazon returns as far as I know go to a depot here in Ireland ,so there won't be any problem ,it's airmail that causes them the problem as far as I know .

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Thanks a mil, appreciate both your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

As above - due to volume amazon do, they pre pack with an post labels but deliver in cages by truck from uk / europe to an post parcel centre.

Similarly, their returns follow the same method in reverse.

So air restrictions that normally apply to international post, don't apply to Amazon

Advertisement