Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Eir Sport App (Existing Setanta Subscriber not on Eir BB)

Options
  • 06-07-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm a Setanta Sports subscriber on Sky but not an Eir Broadband customer. I already have access to setantago.com but how do I get access to the Eir Sport Android app? I've tried logging in with my Setanta Go login details but they don't work for the app.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

metron wrote: »
    I'm a Setanta Sports subscriber on Sky but not an Eir Broadband customer. I already have access to setantago.com but how do I get access to the Eir Sport Android app? I've tried logging in with my Setanta Go login details but they don't work for the app.

Thanks in advance!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]metron,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid you would be unable to access the eir Sport app if you are not an eir broadband customer.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metron

Thanks for the reply. Are there any plans for removing access to Setanta Go for subscribers who aren't eir BB customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

metron wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Are there any plans for removing access to Setanta Go for subscribers who aren't eir BB customers?
    I am afraid there isn't any plans at the moment metron.

As soon as there are any plans all customers will be notified :)

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Redballsno1

I am a setanta sports package
    customer and I can't access my online services either. As I'm not getting the full product I signed up for can I cancel my subscription. I'm currently in a 12 month contract with setanta sports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Why cant setanta (Eir Sport) subscribers use the Eir Sports App on mobile devices when they can use the Setanta Go online 
    Same channels
    My Subscription with Setanta is now for Eir Sports considering Eir took over Setanta 

Setanta Sports is now Eir Sports 
    Existing Setanta Customers getting Eir Sport/BT Sport on Sky are paying monthly fee for Eir Sports 

Please arrange the Eir Sport app can be used by existing setanta customers as we are paying a monthly subscription already for Eir Sport or create a separate app for existing setanta customers

My monthly subscription for setanta on Sky if Eir is getting my monthly payment from setanta if yes then I'm subscribing to Eir Sports   

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

On a separate note
    Setanta Subscription Customers was never in writing informed of the takeover by Eir as in transfer of business

When will Eir be contacting all Setanta Customers about this and is there any change to the previous subscription contract terms and conditions as this must be provided to all customers 

I find it shocking not a single Setanta Customer was informed in writing about the transfer of business to Eir
    It was not just a name change but a purchase of the business by a different company

Formal contact in writing to setanta customers about the change to Eir Sports as in new ownership by a different company and how it affects them in regards to the subscription they pay for either yearly or monthly 
    Why was this not done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi paulboland

Thanks for getting in touch. I understand where you are coming from however I would recommend contacting our customer care team on 0818 20 30 40 & they will be able to discuss this further with you.

Thanks

Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Any progress on getting access to the eir sport app for Sky subscribers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi holidaysong, 

Thanks for getting in touch today. 

I'm afraid this service is not available, you can only avail of the eir Sport app if you have a broadband service with ourselves. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi holidaysong, 

I'm afraid this service is not available, you can only avail of the eir Sport app if you have a broadband service with ourselves. 

Thanks 

Adam 
    This is poor form that users paying for eir sport cannot avail of the app to watch when on the road just because they have Sky and an alternative broadband provider!

• Advertisement

jammer84 wrote: »
    Hi holidaysong, 

Thanks 

Adam 
    This is poor form that users paying for eir sport cannot avail of the app to watch when on the road just because they have Sky and an alternative broadband provider!
    Hi holidaysong,

I will pass this feedback on to the relevant department for you.

- Adam

jammer84 wrote: »
    Hi holidaysong, 

Thanks 

Adam 
    Hi holidaysong,

I will pass this feedback on to the relevant department for you.

- Adam

Advertisement