Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flye Fit Coolock

• 06-07-2016 1:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

Herro all. I haven't found any info on this gym in Boards yet (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway I went on Saturday as a one off as it's near my house, and it was busy enough at about 6pm or so. Is anyone going here? I'd usually be going at peak hours, 6pm to 8pm ish, and I'm kind of afraid that place would be out the door during those hours. I go to a great gym now but Flye is about 50% cheaper so I'm looking at options.
    Anyone using this place regularly? Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's only open a month. No one can tell you anytihng about how busy it'll be based off that.

Just grab some day pass @ €9 and hit it the time you're going and see what it's like.

It's very cheap and easy to cancel too so if it doesn't suit after a month, just pull the plug.

Better in and training than online and wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've been training in it since it opened.

Yes that 6pm to 8pm is the busiest in most gyms, but it doesn't seem to cause problems in FF Coolock.

It also appears busier at those hours because most of the evening classes are filling up & emptying too (you book you place in a class online).

If there's any questions you might have I'll try answer 'em so fire away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I've been training in it since it opened.

Yes that 6pm to 8pm is the busiest in most gyms, but it doesn't seem to cause problems in FF Coolock.

It also appears busier at those hours because most of the evening classes are filling up & emptying too (you book you place in a class online).

If there's any questions you might have I'll try answer 'em so fire away.

Thanks. I used to go to Total Fitness up the road from about 04 to 07 or so. A lot of steroidy people there and posers in the weights area, although they amused me more than anything else, it was a good gym. I wonder if it will take a lot of that old crew in and the folks from Northwood...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks. I used to go to Total Fitness up the road from about 04 to 07 or so. A lot of steroidy people there and posers in the weights area, although they amused me more than anything else, it was a good gym. I wonder if it will take a lot of that old crew in and the folks from Northwood...

Well there was a hardcore element in TF for sure, but most gym have that plus you're going back ten years ago so a lot of those lads will have stopped training and moved on into other things.

I've no idea about Northwood. I joined after TF closed and hated training there, it was a dreadful place so I didn't stay too long.

If its worth anything to you, and baring in mind that FF Coolock is still very much in its infancy but I was part of that hardcore element in TF ten years back and haven't met even one person in FF that I'd have known from back then.

FF's floor space is much bigger that TF's so you're not as likely to be rubbing shoulders with the type of people you find amusing.

Personally I think FF is way better than TF was in terms of equipment & classes. The only thing I'd miss from TF was the pool area and all the natural sunlight in the place. Other than that FF beats it hands down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Sounds great Maki. I'll keep my eye out for you, I'll miss the old steam room and sauna where I go now but saving 30e a month is more important at the moment :)
    I was impressed with the amount of squat racks they have, it's not the norm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement