Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled transaction showing up in online statement

Options
  • 06-07-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,

I took my card out too soon after entering my pin while making a payment yesterday. I was given a receipt to say payment declined (which I didn't keep :( ), and remade the payment. However the payment is now showing up twice in my online statement, and the adding up the balance it seems the payment was taken twice. Will the second payment disappear given time, or should I follow up on this? If so what's the procedure?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I actually had one of these two weeks ago, exactly the same. The 'cancelled' transaction disappeared from my account after two/three working days and the balance was corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

gwakamoley wrote: »
    Hi,

I took my card out too soon after entering my pin while making a payment yesterday. I was given a receipt to say payment declined (which I didn't keep :( ), and remade the payment. However the payment is now showing up twice in my online statement, and the adding up the balance it seems the payment was taken twice. Will the second payment disappear given time, or should I follow up on this? If so what's the procedure?

Thanks very much.
    Hi gwakamoley,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

This should automatically disappear and resolve within 5 working days for you. (Thanks Okon) 

If it's still showing after the 5 working days, which is not usually the case, the retailer can refund it back for you.

Any problems with the refund,  you can raise a Visa Debit Dispute with BOI and we can liaise with the retailer on your behalf. You can do this by logging in online via BOI365, select our 'Online Service Desk' facility and then select the 'Ask A Question' option from the drop down menu. Details of transaction can be submitted here.

If you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Thanks Okon and Alison!

Advertisement