Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Koon Yick Wah Kee Hot Sauce

Options
  • 06-07-2016 2:45pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was in Hong Kong a while back and brought this sauce home.

3a8ada499fbf49f3e42e8a2dd36187af.jpg

It's absolutely delicious but I've run out and was wondering if anyone had spotted it in Ireland. Or know of a similar sauce? I buy nearly every chilli sauce I can find but have never found one like this. Haven't been to the big Asian shops in Dublin recently so not sure if they're available there or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Haven't seen it in the large asian shop in Limerick but I'll have a look next time I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Wing Yip in the UK have it according to the search engines, but I can't get their website to play nice so no idea of price or delivery.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

arian wrote: »
    Wing Yip in the UK have it according to the search engines, but I can't get their website to play nice so no idea of price or delivery.

They only have the soy chilli version unfortunately. Found one other site but delivery is £15. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

irish_goat wrote: »
    They only have the soy chilli version unfortunately. Found one other site but delivery is £15. :|

Maybe try shipping with parcel motel/wizard, they might charge lesser to UK postcodes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

GBX wrote: »
    Maybe try shipping with parcel motel/wizard, they might charge lesser to UK postcodes.

I have a UK postcode and all but they only offer a courier service to the North. £6 is the standard postage charge so I'm not sure it's worth that much anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

irish_goat wrote: »

Ah, sorry.

I checked Tradewinds and The Asian Cookshop first, but no joy there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This Irish shop has another sauce in their range.

http://www.asiamarket.ie/product/kywk-guilin-chilli-oil/

They might be able to get it in. The Asian shop in blackrock market got me in stuff before when I asked. Some might have no interest though.

They shorten the name to KYWK which might help if searching, just like Lee Kum Kee is shortened to LKK

Advertisement