Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Refund Policy

Options
  • 06-07-2016 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping somebody can help me with this.
    I'm thinking of registering for Ironman Frankfurt 2017, but might decide in a few months I don't want to do it. I'm actually hoping that's a decision I can take.
    Is there a refund policy I can purchase along with the race entry? If do, how much would I stand to lose should I end up not doing the race?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

zico10 wrote: »
    I'm hoping somebody can help me with this.
    I'm thinking of registering for Ironman Frankfurt 2017, but might decide in a few months I don't want to do it. I'm actually hoping that's a decision I can take.
    Is there a refund policy I can purchase along with the race entry? If do, how much would I stand to lose should I end up not doing the race?

I used this recently.
    Withdrawals – Rules and Regulations
    Withdrawal requests must be received during the following time frames in order to be eligible for a partial refund:
    until 4 months prior to race day: 50% refund of the entry fee
    until 2 months prior to race day: 25% refund of the entry fee
    after 2 months to race day: no refund

I think Nirvana do a better refund package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Nearly better off doing a half arsed ironman with those refunds.

Am I right in assuming you had to pay an extra fee along with your entry fee when registering?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Am I right in assuming you had to pay an extra fee along with your entry fee when registering?

no extra amount paid when I entered. Now that you mention it I think there might have been an option to pay a little extra to get a better refund structure but I cant remember what it was.

found this from Nirvana which is better, although obviously there is a premium.
    http://www.nirvanaeurope.com/repository/documents/editorfiles/MASTER%20Nirvana%20Europe%20Booking%20T&Cs.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

there used to be an option you are talking aobut in europe but i dodnt think anymore, I belive this insurance still excists in the US.
    it was something like 40 euro i seem to remember

dont quote me on this, iam fairly sure this it how it is , but not 100%, it was last year I looked into it.

Advertisement